• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beak7707

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Terre haute area
    I know the wait topic has been discussed on the lifetime permit. I did my paper work on Dec 8th and haven't heard or seen anything. I was told there was a phone number I could call, but they didn't know the number. Does anybody know the number or is there anyway to find out info. Do you guys think the wait is just longer now?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

STAG556

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Indy
    Here is some info I found on the State Police Website:
    Firearms Licensing Section: 317-233-5054
    I dont know if this number is exactly what you need but they can point you in the right direction.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Not too terribly long ago... Perhaps in Sept? Mine took right around 1 business week.

Seriously.

HOWEVER, it might very well take less time for those who already possess a LTCH, which I did. Mine was just an "upgrade" to the lifetime.

-J-

tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    We mailed my wife's off on Dec 4th & they cashed the cashier's check on December 8th. We received her lifetime permit this past Saturday, so yours should be there any day.......

yankeetownboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Brownsburg, in
    I must of got lucky...1st time Lifetime, Applied online on the morning of the 12th , did fingerprints with L1 at 10:00, Hendricks county sheriffs at 3:00.
    Permit in mailbox Sat 16th....4 days :D

Jeff

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Mine and my son's both took 6 weeks, 3 days. Mine was a lifetime renewal, his a lifetime new permit. They were mailed in November and received just after Christmas.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I know the wait topic has been discussed on the lifetime permit. I did my paper work on Dec 8th and haven't heard or seen anything. I was told there was a phone number I could call, but they didn't know the number. Does anybody know the number or is there anyway to find out info. Do you guys think the wait is just longer now?
    You had better call the number in the phone book, it cost me $ 20.00 for waiting too long, I had to apply for a duplicate !!!!!

beak7707

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Terre haute area
    Thanks guys I'll give it another week then look into something. And about the thread, like I stated I know the wait topic has been covered. I am looking for answers on how to get ahold of somebody and make sure everything is alright. Like I said at the police station they told me there was a phone number, but then they didn't know the number. I wasn't asking about the wait I was checking to see if this number was true or not.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Thanks guys I'll give it another week then look into something. And about the thread, like I stated I know the wait topic has been covered. I am looking for answers on how to get ahold of somebody and make sure everything is alright. Like I said at the police station they told me there was a phone number, but then they didn't know the number. I wasn't asking about the wait I was checking to see if this number was true or not.
    If you are in Indy, you can go to the blue pages, or Gov., page, and look up state offices, and find State Police, Firearms Permits, and just call, they have very nice people, and they will help you ...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The phone number for the Licensing Division is in the FAQ and was posted twice in this thread.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Did the paperwork online got my lifetime license in 5 or 6 weeks if I remember right.This was during the height of the handgun license application frenzy & was told it was because the online app speeds things up

trav8605

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    It has been close to 2 monthes and still no sign of it. I did call about it and they havent processed it yet and they running right around 8 - 10 weeks so hopefully i should see it soon!

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    i applied for my lifetime ltch first week in december and was told 8 weeks so my day should be coming pretty soon although im not sure how the christmas/new years holiday will delay it... been running to the mailbox everyday when i get home for that last week and a half though haha.

Top Bottom