• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DFacres

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    This sphere
    I am aware that IN law does not allow carry during the State fair.

After parking, walking up and paying at the walk-in entrance at the Monroe County fair today, I was surprised to see this sign about 20 feet beyond (heading in) where we had just paid.
    Bear in mind this is liberal IU college town of Bloomington. This certainly appears as local government overreach, or am I missing something?

Attachments

• IMG_2892.jpeg
      IMG_2892.jpeg
      696.6 KB · Views: 32

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I am aware that IN law does not allow carry during the State fair.

After parking, walking up and paying at the walk-in entrance at the Monroe County fair today, I was surprised to see this sign about 20 feet beyond (heading in) where we had just paid.
    Bear in mind this is liberal IU college town of Bloomington. This certainly appears as local government overreach, or am I missing something?
    You weren't at The State Fair, you were at a county fair. Like posted above, it might be leased out to have the fair. CC and move on.

DFacres

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    This sphere
    I did see a man get up from a chair in front of me pull down his shirt in the back as his Crossbreed IWB was slightly exposed

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Porter County has no gun signs as well. The fair is run by the Porter County Agricultural Society, so it is non-government. I think they had metal detectors last year too at the main gate.

Midwestjimbo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Highland
    No detectors at LaPorte county Fair last year. I'll find out about this year on Sunday. Although, the campground has a no weapons policy.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Does someone do a detailed search of purses at these venues? Seems like that would slow the line down but the metal detector for people would be a moot point if they didn't search the purses.
    The problem at Porter County is that there are many ways into the fair that do not go through detectors. The whole 4h section is accessed by driving into the fair, if you have a pass.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I haven’t been in several years but Elkhart Co. had the signs but no one seemed to care about it. They are not a government entity so there isn’t a preemption issue. When my kids were little thankfully there were no safety concerns at the fair. Unfortunately as time went on, that changed. The wife and I always got out of there before it got too dark.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I'm getting tired of metal detectors in non government, or non-sensitive places, I hate to have to depend on someone else for my protection, because there are Karens who hate guns. When zi go to crowded place, I want a gun because those are the exact places bad people can target, more bang for their buck, as it were. I'm not Tommy tactical, or Mr Sheepdog, but I want to be able to protect me, and mine..

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    If the venue is leased to an outside entity like a fair board, I believe the sign is legal and you can be trespassed off if they figure out you've ignored it.
    But that's just like any "no guns" sign in the state. Unless it's specified by law as a "gun free zone", all they can do is ask you to leave and trespass you if you refuse...

Top Bottom