• Poll closed .

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I think I'm leaning on voting for the Big O this fall. Maybe the heat of today has finally gotten to me walking the 1.25 miles to/from work. In any case here is my though process.

1) If the Ds take over Congress and the Big O gets re-elected then for sure we can speed up even more the train accident that this country along with Europe is headed for. I don't want to be old and grey when that happens you know. :D

2) If the Rs take over congress and the Big O gets re-elected then they can be at each others throat for the next 4 years and hopefully NOTHING gets passed/done. I would be happy with this since everything they do just :xmad:

3) If the Rs take over Congress and the Big R gets elected then we are back to #1. When Bush 2 was in office and the Rs had Congress we got the Patriot Act the flip side was Obamacare when the Ds have everything.

So what say you?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, there is a great deal to be said for gridlock. In the last session they only managed to pass 85 pieces of legislation. That's probably a record low. I'm betting that, if the rancor continues they could get it even lower.
    ‘That government is best which governs least.’

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I'm more concerned about your item #3 than I am of BHO being re-elected considering the republicans will most likely pick up a senate majority, IMO.

I however will not give "the big O" my vote as that would be an endorsement of his policies. I also will not be voting for Romney since, well, he's no different in my mind.

Gary Johnson is someone I can feel very good about voting for. I will have no desire to hold my nose while casting this vote although I would've still preferred Dr Paul.

Oh that's right, since I'm voting for Johnson it's a vote for BHO. Silly me, what was I thinking. I guess I'm voting BHO after all. :rolleyes:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    This presidential election isn't really that important. There isn't an ideological shift from the republicans health care mandate to the democrats health care mandate. They both want the same product. The difference lies in who benefits from the action. If Conservatives had passed the current model they would be running on pride. Instead, the democrats won and that is the end of world. This is the path of America, your vote doesn't matter.

You are owned. You are a slave.

This is your position in life. Like it or not. Republicans own your labor just as much as Democrats own your labor.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I've gotta say I wouldn't vote for Obama (or any Democrat I know of) if he was the only candidate on the ballot and Martians were attacking the country.

Pyroponce

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    South Bend
    I've gotta say I wouldn't vote for Obama (or any Democrat I know of) if he was the only candidate on the ballot and Martians were attacking the country.

I'd probably vote for Obama over Jack Nicholson.

mars_attacks_ver2.jpg

inlineman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    I dont like the idea of losing everything I have worked for over a catastrophic hospital bill, so I will vote just like I did last time. Oh yes Im proud to do it. The funny thing is that Romney got the same thing going in Massachusetts and it works fine, imagine that.

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    I dont like the idea of losing everything I have worked for over a catastrophic hospital bill, so I will vote just like I did last time. Oh yes Im proud to do it. The funny thing is that Romney got the same thing going in Massachusetts and it works fine, imagine that.

Wouldn't this be prevented by purchasing catastrophic health insurance? Or would you just not purchase it if you weren't mandated to? I may just be an idiot, but I did not realize that prior to the passage of Obama's health care mandate that you could not purchase catastrophic health insurance. If so, I sincerely apologize for being mistaken.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

It is nice to know that you have no respect for the constitutional concept of limited government.

Top Bottom