• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    Anyone have any personal experience with either of these rds? I was looking at getting a vortex spitfire 3x as well, but want something for closer range shooting as well.

I have 20/20 vision without glasses, my AR15 is built on the light but tactically functional side.

I don't have much experience on optics, but I think I'd enjoy the larger strikefire more than the smaller compact sparc. But I'm not sure about the 4moa of the strikefire compared to the 2moa of the sparc.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I liked the second generation Sparc much better than the first, and would get it over the Strike Fire as long as you don't plan to use a magnifier or night vision with it.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I have both. Both are fine optics, but I like the Sparc better. I actually have one on my 9mm SBR and it works great. The Strike fire is being repurposed on to my son's Christmas present this year (his first AR).

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Strikefire or sparc? Sparc...

They make one with an etched reticle, which I'd take over the sparc any day though

The only thing I don't like about my SPARC is my battery life seems to suck. It feels like every other time I go to shoot the battery is dead, which, seeing as you can buy the batteries in bulk for pretty cheap online isn't a big deal, just a pain in the ass to have to change them so often.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I just bought a pile of batteries for my Sparcs cheaply off Ebay, for the same reason. They probably don't use them too badly, but when they sit in the safe a long time, they do seem to drain them.

I've got 2 of the old Sparcs and had an old Strikefire, and I like them both. The Sparc gets preference, though. The one thing I don't like about the Sparc is all the ipeces in the mount when setting up for lower 1/3 cowitness. They've stayed solid, but that many parts and pieces just bugs me.

The most fun set up? A Sparc on my Umarex EBOS BB machine gun! That thing is a hoot! I've also mounted one on a Ruger 10-22 Takedown to good effect, and an AR 15. It works really well on all of them. I had the Strikefire on an AR that I sold. It was great, too.

I'd bet the new ones are improved in every way.

They make one with an etched reticle, which I'd take over the sparc any day though

The only thing I don't like about my SPARC is my battery life seems to suck. It feels like every other time I go to shoot the battery is dead, which, seeing as you can buy the batteries in bulk for pretty cheap online isn't a big deal, just a pain in the ass to have to change them so often.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I have the first gen sparc, and while it works, the batteries arent 2032, and it eats them. I don't use it that regularly, but i've put a lot of batteries in it. I would look to the sparcII with the 2032 batteries. I think there are other improvements too, but thats the big one for me. No experience with the strikefire.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I have the first gen sparc, and while it works, the batteries arent 2032, and it eats them. I don't use it that regularly, but i've put a lot of batteries in it. I would look to the sparcII with the 2032 batteries. I think there are other improvements too, but thats the big one for me. No experience with the strikefire.

I had a 1st Gen SPARC and it ate batteries as well but you can use 2032 batteries in it. Simply pop in a nickel as a spacer:)

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy

The one with the etched reticle is the spitfire. But it is also $150 more than the sparc II.

They also make a 1x spitfire as well. That's something to consider.

I was wanting the red dot sight for range and CQC. And the 3x for anything past 100 yards or so for the accuracy. I'm not going to be shooting any further than a couple hundred yards But would like the option to have both.

I ended up getting a Sparc II and am reasonably satisfied. After getting it on the rifle it isnt as little as I had anticipated. I've yet to get out and put some rounds down with it, but im looking forward to it. Thanks for all the help everyone

Top Bottom