• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    before asking, I did a search on "vortex optics." I found nothing so far...

SO, does anyone have an opinion of Vortex Optics? I have a nice discount on all their optics through my work... However, I am unfamiliar with them as all we deal in here are pretty much Leupold, Night Force, Eotech, and Elcan.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    For what you pay for them I think they are decent. Havent used there actual scopes, just the Strike Fire Red Dot. Once zeroed, I had no issues. I really like the fact the red dots came with the mount and a doubler.

Optics were clear and the dot was solid, not fuzzy!

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    I have the Strikefire on my M&P15. It's good quality for a budget scope.

It's obviously not even in the same ballpark as the EOTECH, Aimpoints, Elcan, etc.

If you just want to punch holes in paper every once in a while you'll be good to go. If you plan on dragging it through some jungle of some exotic country while you fight the war on whatever :ar15: then you might want to spend a bit more and go with the brands you mentioned.

picture.php

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    i'm just a paper puncher. I was looking into some of their long range optics for a .30-06 project rifle.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Vortex is good quality for the money. I'll +1 for the Strikefire, but I had issues with the supplied mount on a .458socom, it just couldn't handle the recoil. An Aimpoint was mounted and the Strikefire is awaiting reassignment to a gentler hitting gun. I would have swapped it out for a Larue mount, but it didn't make sense to put it in a mount that cost as much as it did and I got a killer deal on the Aimpoint. I have no experience with their other optics, but folks I respect feel they are similar in the quality for the money matrix.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I just bought a Vortex red dot for my 9mm SBR, so far I like it.

I bought it to try out before I started selling them. I know they are cheap but if it will hold up I won't have an issue selling them to people that are looking for a plinking red dot.

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I also have a strike fire on my AR. Used it in an IDPA style carbine match in November. Had no problems.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    Strikefire here too works great. From what I have read their scopes beat anyone in their price range and rival much more expensive brands. They have a new line coming out this year that I am thinking of getting a high magnification version of after I see some reviews. Their warranty is no BS.

lildave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have a Strike Fire red dot and a Crossfire. I am pleased with both. The red dot is on a 357 mag lever and the Crossfire is on a 30-30 lever. They have very clear glass and have served me well.

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I thought I read on arfcom that they were coming out with a dedicated magnifier too.

Top Bottom