• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    We need volunteers who can help with security for the Indianapolis Tea Party on April 15.

Purpose of security is to act as eyes, ears, and at most, a stern word of warning. There will be ISP and Capitol Police present for any serious needs. If you have fantasies of taking down liberal agitating chumps, leave those at the door. We are there to make sure the protest goes off safely and without hindrance for the opposition.

Indianapolis Tea Party is April 15 from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm the earlier you can get there the better. Some of us will be there starting at 1:00pm, but if you can't get there until 5, that's fine. We are expecting a large crowd, so we need as many people as we can get.

We also need hospitality volunteers, also, if you or someone you know would like to help in that area.

If you are interested, you can IM me or email Tony Rogers at

security@indianapolisteaparty.com

Tell him Elijah sent you from INGO

Thanks,

Elijah Montgomery (Raoc)

MODs: If this is inappropriate, please let me know, or move as needed.

Raoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    It is being held on April 15th as that is "Tax Day" It was intentionally scheduled to start at 5:00 so that more people could attend without missing work. This coincides with April 15th rallies across the country.

Raoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    There are not firearms permitted on statehouse grounds, so no, security may not open carry.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Can the security open carry?:dunno:

If you don't become part of security you can do like I did last year. I carried, but I had to stay on the sidewalk. It was my very first ever political Rally and I didn't know what to expect.

Yea, it sucks, I won't be able to carry, but with as many police that will be on hand I'm not too worried about it. Besides, if you get lucky enough to park right there at the statehouse you can just leave it locked in the car. ;)

Raoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    If you don't become part of security you can do like I did last year. I carried, but I had to stay on the sidewalk. It was my very first ever political Rally and I didn't know what to expect.

Yea, it sucks, I won't be able to carry, but with as many police that will be on hand I'm not too worried about it. Besides, if you get lucky enough to park right there at the statehouse you can just leave it locked in the car. ;)

I'm not sure where the carry/don't carry line is. This years rally will be on the west side of the statehouse, not the south lawn, with audience space arrayed from there on the grounds of the statehouse, in the street, and across the street on the grounds of the State Gov't center.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm not sure where the carry/don't carry line is. This years rally will be on the west side of the statehouse, not the south lawn, with audience space arrayed from there on the grounds of the statehouse, in the street, and across the street on the grounds of the State Gov't center.

The street and sidewalks are good to go. Everything else...:noway:

Top Bottom