• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    Looks like Volquartsen has/is finally releasing a Ruger Mark 2/3 lower!!!

435-mkiii-frames.jpg

They've even got a version with their accurizing kit preinstalled!

MidwayUSA shows they're going to have stock early next year. I'll probably just end up building a whole new gun with a Tactical Solutions Pac-Lite upper with a threaded barrel. Seems like MidwayUSA has all of the parts I'll need to complete it.. (bolt, mainspring assembly, etc)

I'm not sure if I'm just late to the party, or if this is a brand new product.. but I'm definitely going to build one!

IndyS12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Zionsville, IN
    I wouldn't mind one of those if they made them for the 22/45, even though the price is a little hard to swallow when that frame and trigger combo costs more than the initial price of my gun.

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    Yeah, that's the biggest problem I see... I think these are supposed to take the 22/45 internals, but I'm not sure how the magazine would work...

I'll try to get more information from Volquartsen...

I wouldn't mind one of those if they made them for the 22/45, even though the price is a little hard to swallow when that frame and trigger combo costs more than the initial price of my gun.

IndyS12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Zionsville, IN
    Yeah, that's the biggest problem I see... I think these are supposed to take the 22/45 internals, but I'm not sure how the magazine would work...

I'll try to get more information from Volquartsen...

According to the link you provided, the frame only works with Mark II/III stuff, and not the 22/45. Maybe they'll start making 22/45 frames some day.

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    According to their website it's for the 22/45 as well...
    The Volquartsen Target Frame for the Ruger MKII, MKIII and 22/45 pistol is now available for pre-order. Orders will be filled on a first come-first serve basis.
    The VC Target Frame is CNC machined from aluminum alloy. It is available either as a bare frame (includes trigger pin and spring loaded magazine ejector only) or as a complete frame with the following features: Accurizing Kit (includes Extended Bolt Release, CNC machined Target Trigger, wire EDM cut Target Hammer and Target Sear), Titanium Disconnector, Built-in Spring Loaded Magazine Ejector and Extended Safety. The VC Frame is shipped with a clean, crisp 2.25 lb trigger pull. The magazine disconnect has also been eliminated from this frame.
    The bare frame weighs only 4 oz!!! It is available with or without grips and available in Silver, Black, Red, Blue and OD Green.
    Any grip designed for the Ruger MKIII steel frame model will be compatible with this frame. Ruger MKIII Magazines are required for this frame. In order to use this frame on a 22/45 pistol a new mainspring housing is required.

Top Bottom