• Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I got two more...one just a minute ago.

The first time, I captured all the ad images...the next time, all the ads were different, so my thought that having an ad might be able to help someone somewhere nail it down seems to be shot.

As scutter said, the IP is not INGO's and, even though an issue on INGO could potentially manifest w/ a different IP (likely a redirect going on), the fact that it is intermittent (doesn't happen on every page, or every time a particular page is loaded) would seem to make the probability that the issue is on INGO's server(s) almost nil.

It seems there are at least three different third party servers/farms serving the various ads seen at the top, left, and bottom of each page.

The most INGO could do is notify the ad vendors that there is a potential issue on their end and hope that the one with the issue is able to track it down.

The moral of the story is that the web is a dangerous place. If you are getting the warnings, that means your security software is up to date enough to protect you from that particular threat...be glad that's the case, and be sure it stays up to date and in force, and that you run scans regularly to be sure that anything that might sneak by your real-time protection definitions is picked up and dealt with as soon as possible.

bluto67

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    I couldn't remember ingo's web address because the last time I came here I got a nasty virus and had to wipe out the hard drive and reinstall everything. so I went to bing and searched for the address, clicked that result and as soon as the ingo home page came up, my Norton anti-virus block an attack. I believe it was Sibhost web kit.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    I got "Threat Detected" from Malwarebytes when I logged in just now. I'm not a computer nerd so do ask what it was about.

Just passing it on to yall. I" using IE.

rjc2rjc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Just got a warning. Avast has blocked a virus on my computer.
    The one thing I seen on the warning said. URL.Mal

This is what avast said was last blocked. this is going to suck to type but it wont let me copy and paste it.

Hope this helps. i know it was a pain to type out and make sure I did everything correct.

DONT CLICK ON THAT 404 NOT FOUND. I JUST DID AND MY AVAST POPED UP WITH THE SAME VIRUS WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

rjc2rjc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    THANK YOU hotdoger. It wouldn't let me at first. went into advanced and it let me. Admins if you want the address pm me and i can try to get it to you maybe type it with spaces or something to keep it from popping up like it did. i will not put it back on here like i did. i didn't know it was going to pop up like that or i wouldn't have put it there to begin with.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Never had this happen to me on INGO. I have however had some blue screens that only occurred while on INGO. anywho.. a TRACERT traces the IP address out into California while an IP lookup shows the IP location in Brooklyn. Whoever is running it is spoofing their location.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I hadn't got it in weeks, and it just started up again. Twice in 2 days. Only constant was a banner add at the bottom that went to a mercolan.net garbage keyword bogus click through site.
    I did save screen shots of the index and all the Norton ip info if mods want it.

Top Bottom