• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    It's all over the Vincennes Sun Commercial today.
    The county officials are "pondering" revising policy to fall in line with state law.
    The public library now has off duty cops doing security because the librarians are afraid of the gun toting public.
    The VHA officials said; "the safety of our residents is #1, I have no problem with people carring guns, just not on our property". Really?
    Being a lifelong resident of Vincennes, I never see anyone open carrying anywhere.
    I have open carried a Glock in a few resturants and stores around town but mostly CC.
    Vincennes is ripe for a open carry day/event. Anyone up for it?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    The county officials are "pondering" revising policy to fall in line with state law.
    The public library now has off duty cops doing security because the librarians are afraid of the gun toting public.
    The VHA officials said; "the safety of our residents is #1, I have no problem with people carring guns, just not on our property". Really?
    Being a lifelong resident of Vincennes, I never see anyone open carrying anywhere.
    I have open carried a Glock in a few resturants and stores around town but mostly CC.
    Vincennes is ripe for a open carry day/event. Anyone up for it?

Maybe we should wait till a few of the court cases are final before fanning the flames more? If we do an OC event while the media is worked up over this you might just get a voter backlash and have the state law over turned..
    I think single incidents & lawsuits will have a larger effect on getting cities to change their ways..
    Already We are seeing cities have plans to remove their restrictions.. and the Hammond case has not even gone to court...

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    So, the City of Vincennes is trying to enforce a law/rule/policy that is in violation of Indiana's preemption statute?

Sounds like a problem - for them.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    YOu would think they would learn... Guess not.

Also, some of the attorneys on here, as well as management have spoken out against such "OC events" speciffically around Eville due to current court cases. It should be noted, that I am bringing this up as a reminder because I don't see the point in them anyways... It just re-energizes the anti gun base. Yeah, you might prove that no one got hurt, or that no guns randomly went off, but people that have an irrational fear of guns are not going to be swayed by an event shoving them in their faces.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Where is Vincennes?

SW In. right up to the Wabash river and within a stones throw of Il. or appx. 50 miles N. of E'ville. and 50 miles S. of Terre Haute right on US 41 and US 50 intersection. pop. appx 23,000 on a good day, but don't quote me on that.
    I think the city atty. will be advising the council to revise their ordinance to reflect state code. Now what Ms. Fredrick does at the housing center :dunno:. Whatever it will cost money. As this developes I will inform.
    I agree with what most here said about open carry day not such a good idea. You would think as much as I am out that I would see somebody else OC. I have never had any issues, etc.

Last edited:

archy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Oaktown/Vincennes ar

Followup story: (removed. Please do not post copyrighted material on INGO. A link to this story would be fine. :) Thanks! )

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Can we give Vincennes to Illinois? Sounds like a town that wants to be like that state anyway.

No, no, and NO. It's bad enough living right next to Illinoise. [mispelled on purpose] And I'm not moving.
    For some strange reason Vincennes does elect liberal demorats on a consistant basis. Most all the people I know have pretty conservative values. Although I don't know many politicians. I do know the current occupant of city hall though.
    The Sun Commercial is also a liberal newspaper. Most all editorials have the liberal slant. :noway:

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    No, no, and NO. It's bad enough living right next to Illinoise. [mispelled on purpose] And I'm not moving.
    For some strange reason Vincennes does elect liberal demorats on a consistant basis. Most all the people I know have pretty conservative values. Although I don't know many politicians. I do know the current occupant of city hall though.
    The Sun Commercial is also a liberal newspaper. Most all editorials have the liberal slant. :noway:

Agreed. Don't give Vincennes away to Illinoise (I like that :laugh: ). Then I'd have to disarm anytime we go to town for anything. It's about the only place to shop/eat/etc. around here. Sun Commercial does suck somethin' fierce though. We stopped getting it years ago.

Jar_Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Has anyone heard of people who live in federal funded "public housing" sign a contract that says they agree not to possess a firearm on the property as part of receiving the federal assistance? Is this fact or fiction?

Top Bottom