1   0   0
    Last edited:

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I have been to the Dayton Air Show many times as a young child with my grandfather and uncle. It's always been one of the best. My thoughts are with the Wingwalker and pilot's families. Seeing her in the interview, you can tell she loved what she did. Looks like a great woman, daughter, mother, and wife was lost. Very sad.

The Dayton show was where I got to go inside a B-12 with my grandfather before he passed. It was the plane he flew in during WWII. Not the exact one, to our knowledge, but one of the last few remaining of the B-12s.

ruggiedj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Such a shame. I wonder what happened. It looks like something failed and the pilot couldn't control the plane.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    My Dad, son and I have attended Dayton the past several years, with basically front row seats. We elected not to go this year, due to the lack of any modern military presence at the show (our favorite stuff). I am now glad things worked out that way, so my son didn't have to witness that crash. Prayers for the families of those involved.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Here is a good close video of the crash.

http://youtu.be/zctCuE46VKM

The way it looks to me is that just before the crash, the ailerons and elevator reverses direction flying them right into the ground.

Two things. Either the wing stalled and the pilot corrected for the stall or the pilot had an episode of some kind and relaxed on the controls. Seeing his age, that is a possibility.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Here is a good close video of the crash.

http://youtu.be/zctCuE46VKM

WHOA!!!

Kudos to the announcer for keeping his wits and handing out instructions to the crowd. His quick thinking probably kept everyone from shear panic!

-Turn you kids away
    -Do not try to help... EMS is already in route
    -Keep off your cell phones to keep lines clear for emergency personnel

Wing Walking has always been an amazing feat for me to watch because its simply something I could never muster up the balls to do. RIP

Top Bottom