• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Furthermore, I am willing to bet that those offering opinions on how the cop should've reacted (in their eyes) have never been in the *****......

One time down that particular trail can change your outlook on a whole lotta things.....

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    She initiated physical force. A physical force response is appropriate. Period. Put your hands on me, and I'll do the same thing to you. A police officer has a duty to control violent situations like this, but has no duty to take an ass-kicking from multiple people just so some armchair quarterback can measure levels of force based on internet videos.

This is not some shining example of police corruption. There are plenty of other videos to get worked up about. This isn't one of them.

Well, that's good to know Mos Eisley that if a woman pushes your arm away from her because you grabbed her that you're gonna knock that ***** flat on her ass. I hope my darters grow up and marry someone just like you.

If that video didn't have an LEO in the middle but rather some average Joe trying to stop a fight, he would be in jail and sued for punching this woman. So yeah, I have zero sympathy or understanding for the police officer. He had an opportunity to not to jack her in the face yet he chose to go ahead and do it.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Cool!

So while you have the luxury of "re watching" the video, the cop had to live it RIGHT THEN, RIGHT THERE with no ability to rewind, redo, reset.....

Guess that qualifies YOU to dump a load of **** on the cop.....

Yes it does. You see, when we don't speak out about the atrocities of those who are supposed to protect and serve, we get more of it and it only gets more aggressive. You're blindif you don't recognize this is happening.

Last edited:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Furthermore, I am willing to bet that those offering opinions on how the cop should've reacted (in their eyes) have never been in the *****......

One time down that particular trail can change your outlook on a whole lotta things.....

506a2707.jpg

I don't know you or what your story is. You sure as hell don't know mine.

I have been in plenty of situations where violence was involved. Have been in several incidents where a woman stepped in to break things up or put hands on me. In the heat of moment, I never once hit a woman.

If you're that out of control, get into a different profession.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Looks to me like he was defending himself. Who knows if she had a weapon or not, and the dude was right next to her. He had to eliminate the threat IMO.

Mos Eisley

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I have been in plenty of situations where violence was involved. Have been in several incidents where a woman stepped in to break things up or put hands on me. In the heat of moment, I never once hit a woman.

I doubt this. Given your avatar, it's pretty clear to me that you are prone to exaggeration.

Mos Eisley

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    LOL. Ok, I guess based on your avatar you dress up like darth maul in moms basement, attend star wars conventions and are still looking for "just the right girl" for your first time.

Hardly. But even if that were true, it would be less of a fantasy than your avatar indicates.

Gestapo, indeed. :rolleyes:

Pro Tip - Take the back roads. Less likely to encounter drones. :):

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    There is no justification for decking this woman. This dude has no business being given the authority to enforce the law.

Civilians who speak out against bad cops get labeled as cop bashers. Cops who then defend these types of poor policing actions are protecting their brothers in blue.

Reality is, when good cops don't feverishly come out and oppose these actions, they're going to continue.
    My concern is that given the current climate we live under, too many more incidents like this will launch retaliation against the police. The police will respond in a predictive fashion and things will escalate way out of control.

All because cops who shouldn't be cops are defended by cops who know those guys, shouldn't be cops.

THIS^^^ Why aren't cops in droves publicly condemning these actions?

I've read the argument that because peaceful Muslims aren't condemning radical Muslims... they should be turned to glass. (I don't agree with that for a lot of reasons)....

....but why doesn't this apply to LEO's? Why aren't good cops expected to regulate bad cops?

WE PAY YOU TO PROTECT US even against other cops if necessary....

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Hardly. But even if that were true, it would be less of a fantasy than your avatar indicates.

Gestapo, indeed. :rolleyes:

Pro Tip - Take the back roads. Less likely to encounter drones. :):

I just want to go on record that I would support a George W Bush Gestapo avatar just as much as the Barack Obama. It's a statement of our Federal government as much as a statement against the man in the picture. I think they're both full of :poop:

I also would like to note the irony of discussing the irony of discussing the Gestapo in this particular thread.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Yes it does. You see, when we don't speak out about the atrocities of those who are supposed to protect and serve, we get more of it and it only gets more aggressive. You're blindif you don't recognize this is happening.

Oh, I agree that we should not ignore atrocities and deal with them immediately and publicly when we find them. This simply is not one of those times.

What you contend is that this cop should've prolonged the encounter adding more danger to an already dangerous situation. Maybe he should've asked her politely not to get involved while the guy got up and attacked the officer.

Trust me, I am not a big fan of police brutality and, in this case, there is none. The woman injected herself into a bad situation and unknowingly got a bad consequence. You submit that the cop should've thought before he defended himself from the woman, why don't you think about it for a second and ask yourself why the WOMAN didn't stop and think before going after the cop?

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Oh, I agree that we should not ignore atrocities and deal with them immediately and publicly when we find them. This simply is not one of those times.

What you contend is that this cop should've prolonged the encounter adding more danger to an already dangerous situation. Maybe he should've asked her politely not to get involved while the guy got up and attacked the officer.

Trust me, I am not a big fan of police brutality and, in this case, there is none. The woman injected herself into a bad situation and unknowingly got a bad consequence. You submit that the cop should've thought before he defended himself from the woman, why don't you think about it for a second and ask yourself why the WOMAN didn't stop and think before going after the cop?

I guess I just hold cops to a higher standard when it comes to conflict resolution. I also have to acknowledge that when you see so many recent examples of LEO violence, you definitely get jaded.

I still think this cop could've taken a different approach.

Mos Eisley

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I also would like to note the irony of discussing the irony of discussing the Gestapo in this particular thread.

Where's the irony? I didn't see anyone getting thrown into a gas chamber or shot in the back of the head because they weren't useful. Perhaps people see things differently due to oxygen deprivation during hyperventilation. I must admit, I find it hard to see things from that perspective.

Seems to me she did what she did, and got what she got. :cool:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Where's the irony? I didn't see anyone getting thrown into a gas chamber or shot in the back of the head because they weren't useful. Perhaps people see things differently due to oxygen deprivation during hyperventilation. I must admit, I find it hard to see things from that perspective.

Seems to me she did what she did, and got what she got. :cool:

You can't see the irony of police violence in the OP and now a discussion on the gestapo? :dunno: ok dude

Perhaps people see things differently when their heads are buried in the sand. I must admit, it is hard to see things from that perspective.

Seems to me tax payers are going to be funding a settlement agreement in the future because a LEO made a very bad decision. :cool:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Hate to say it, but I would have decked anyone touching, pushing, punching me while I am trying to break up a fight. Equal rights and all the woman got herself involved.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Hate to say it, but I would have decked anyone touching, pushing, punching me while I am trying to break up a fight. Equal rights and all the woman got herself involved.

Seriously, if it were a guy no one would be watching this video or saying a word. When women want to act like men, they can expect to be treated on equal terms.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Are there any circumstances under which that would have been acceptable, truncated clip or not?

Perhaps, since I like to know ALL the facts before I condemn his actions. Before you all jump on me I will explain my viewpoint. I have been involved in fights/resisters that if someone had recorded a snipit of my actions it would have looked bad. However, if the same person recorded and played the ENTIRE scene as it unfolded all the way to conclusion, it would have been crystal clear that the actions taken were 100% justified. We see political videos all the time where they edit it to fit an agenda and many on here are quick to point them out. Why can we not treat this video with the same skepticism? It is possible this guy is all wrong, it is possible he was justified, I don't have enough to pass judgement yet. I have also been through too many investigations, some with video but most without, where I hear/see one side of a story and and ready to arrest the "suspect" without hesitation only to find the "suspect" and discover there was a perfectly reasonable explanation behind there actions and no arrest was warranted. I still sometimes have to force myself to say "there are 2 sides to every story" no matter "clear cut" it seems. My :twocents:

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Perhaps, since I like to know ALL the facts before I condemn his actions. Before you all jump on me I will explain my viewpoint. I have been involved in fights/resisters that if someone had recorded a snipit of my actions it would have looked bad. However, if the same person recorded and played the ENTIRE scene as it unfolded all the way to conclusion, it would have been crystal clear that the actions taken were 100% justified. We see political videos all the time where they edit it to fit an agenda and many on here are quick to point them out. Why can we not treat this video with the same skepticism? It is possible this guy is all wrong, it is possible he was justified, I don't have enough to pass judgement yet. I have also been through too many investigations, some with video but most without, where I hear/see one side of a story and and ready to arrest the "suspect" without hesitation only to find the "suspect" and discover there was a perfectly reasonable explanation behind there actions and no arrest was warranted. I still sometimes have to force myself to say "there are 2 sides to every story" no matter "clear cut" it seems. My :twocents:

People really do think situations are black and white in these matters. I can't tell you how many times I have had to do the same as you. Sometimes it's tough to get both sides of the story because you REALLY want to put the dirtbag in the clink. It is very hard to actually have to side with the dirtbag when facts dictate you should but, it's the right thing to do and so you do it.

Top Bottom