• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    They are showing PORTIONS of the 20 second clip???? Why only show a fraction of an already short video? Is 20 seconds too much to play? I hate editing. Ugh.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    eh... excessive, but she shouldn't have touched him. Unnecessary though... she wasn't much of a threat.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    They are showing PORTIONS of the 20 second clip???? Why only show a fraction of an already short video? Is 20 seconds too much to play? I hate editing. Ugh.

Are there any circumstances under which that would have been acceptable, truncated clip or not?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I guess I'm old fashioned but a big man punching a woman full force in the face like that just doesn't seem right somehow.

:+1: I just got the 'spread the rep' scold, but you are right on center! Why do we tolerate this nonsense?

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    It leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but when you jump into a fight you might get smacked.

I've never done anything like that, but if she was acting like a lady she might have been treated like a lady. Things happen quick.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but when you jump into a fight you might get smacked.

I've never done anything like that, but if she was acting like a lady she might have been treated like a lady. Things happen quick.

Emotional responses happen. That response was completely unacceptable.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    There is no justification for decking this woman. This dude has no business being given the authority to enforce the law.

Civilians who speak out against bad cops get labeled as cop bashers. Cops who then defend these types of poor policing actions are protecting their brothers in blue.

Reality is, when good cops don't feverishly come out and oppose these actions, they're going to continue. My concern is that given the current climate we live under, too many more incidents like this will launch retaliation against the police. The police will respond in a predictive fashion and things will escalate way out of control.

All because cops who shouldn't be cops are defended by cops who know those guys, shouldn't be cops.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Maybe she should have stayed back and let the police take care of it .

I see--an ill-advised emotional response justifies WTF ever a barbarian with a badge wants to do. May you receive what you argue in favor of seeing done to others.

Mos Eisley

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I see--an ill-advised emotional response justifies WTF ever a barbarian with a badge wants to do. May you receive what you argue in favor of seeing done to others.

If I tried to grab a cop while he's trying to arrest someone, I would expect no less. I've seen some real BS by police officers, but this doesn't look like one of those times. I was more upset by the idiots in Connecticut detaining those students because of the report of some guy with a concealed handgun.

Doesn't matter if she's a woman or a man. Women can hurt you plenty good enough. Maybe the officer didn't think he had time to draw a Taser or pepper spray, but he had every right to defend himself from someone attacking him.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If I tried to grab a cop while he's trying to arrest someone, I would expect no less. I've seen some real BS by police officers, but this doesn't look like one of those times. I was more upset by the idiots in Connecticut detaining those students because of the report of some guy with a concealed handgun.

Doesn't matter if she's a woman or a man. Women can hurt you plenty good enough. Maybe the officer didn't think he had time to draw a Taser or pepper spray, but he had every right to defend himself from someone attacking him.

OK, touching a cop (not a good idea) is an attack, but the response is acceptable?

Mos Eisley

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    OK, touching a cop (not a good idea) is an attack, but the response is acceptable?

Touching? Let's not characterize this as a friendly tap. She lunged for him. In the middle of a violent encounter that looked to be getting out of control. What would you have done, with your attention divided between an uncooperative man you are trying to arrest and a screaming woman attacking you? This isn't some case of a cop beating the snot out of a handcuffed person, or some similar real transgression. He popped her once, and it stopped the attack.

What would you have done in his position?

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Touching? Let's not characterize this as a friendly tap. She lunged for him. In the middle of a violent encounter that looked to be getting out of control. What would you have done, with your attention divided between an uncooperative man you are trying to arrest and a screaming woman attacking you? This isn't some case of a cop beating the snot out of a handcuffed person, or some similar real transgression. He popped her once, and it stopped the attack.

This!

The cop has to worry about 5-6 targets, one a man his size he is already engaged with and then a woman that enters the fray.

He is now on the bad side of the equation at 2vs 1. His first thought I'm sure is to reduce targets coming at him as quickly and efficiently as possible. He did that.

Is it the correct reaction? Maybe not.

Did it keep him safe and allow him to reduce the number of attackers? Yes

Who are we/you to judge in this instance?

It is so easy for us to get all high and mighty while sitting at home watching this, completely different if YOU were that cop dealing with that situation first hand.

Does that cop wish he would've handled it differently? I am sure. But, as soon as a cop starts second guessing himself, it's only a matter of time before his widow is getting the visit from the Chief and Priest.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    And remember, your other threat (much larger) is now getting up off the ground. Is he armed?

Your attention is now on the female (and she's not a small, frail female). Is she armed? A gun in her purse? A knife?

I'm not defending his actions. I'd just like to see the entire video before coming to a conclusion.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood

I'm throwing a flag on the play. You really need to rematch the video.

I just watched it again and this woman walks up to the guy, puts her hands the back of his neck. The cop comes in a fraction of a second after her and puts his hands on the dude while pushing her arm out of the way. She grabs the cops arm and sorta pushes back. He moves her to full extension and in that moment, could've yelled some commands for her to back up. Instead, he full on jacks her on the face.

She doesn't lunge at him. He had a moment to not use violence but chose to do it anyway.

Seriously, go back and watch the video mother first time they show her getting jacked doesn't show as much as the second time they showed it. The second one shows her walking up to the dude.

Mos Eisley

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013

I just watched it again and this woman walks up to the guy, puts her hands the back of his neck. The cop comes in a fraction of a second after her and puts his hands on the dude while pushing her arm out of the way. She grabs the cops arm and sorta pushes back. He moves her to full extension and in that moment, could've yelled some commands for her to back up. Instead, he full on jacks her on the face.

She doesn't lunge at him. He had a moment to not use violence but chose to do it anyway.

Seriously, go back and watch the video mother first time they show her getting jacked doesn't show as much as the second time they showed it. The second one shows her walking up to the dude.

She initiated physical force. A physical force response is appropriate. Period. Put your hands on me, and I'll do the same thing to you. A police officer has a duty to control violent situations like this, but has no duty to take an ass-kicking from multiple people just so some armchair quarterback can measure levels of force based on internet videos.

This is not some shining example of police corruption. There are plenty of other videos to get worked up about. This isn't one of them.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013

Cool!

So while you have the luxury of "re watching" the video, the cop had to live it RIGHT THEN, RIGHT THERE with no ability to rewind, redo, reset.....

Guess that qualifies YOU to dump a load of **** on the cop.....

Top Bottom