• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bonzaiberger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Milan
    no i dont have road rage, nor would i ever intentionally try to harm someone. and i dont hate you as a person but i do hate the stereotyical bikers i have mentioned above... those are the guys who get the train horn and get coaled out...

Oh well there you go...Typical diesel owner, blowing black smoke all over ppl thinking its ok.

BTW, I now ride a Harley (no strait pipes), had a GSXR 600, also I used to drive a jacked up 400hp diesel excursion, and I'm a gun owner! I guess I have to fall into a stereotype somewhere.:dunno:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    HOWEVER. . .many moons ago when I went thru drivers ed we were taught that the left lane was for passing and then return to the right lane.
    I don't dispute that - cars should do it too. I don't know HOW many times I've come up to two cars side by side keeping pace at or below the limit for miles upon miles. Point is - it's not just bikes.

I'm not saying the bikes were in the right or being courteous, so don't misunderstand. I'm just saying they weren't breaking the law ;-).

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    I don't dispute that - cars should do it too. I don't know HOW many times I've come up to two cars side by side keeping pace at or below the limit for miles upon miles. Point is - it's not just bikes.
    ever drive north on 69? its a challenge to maintain 70 or 75 even, til muncie or so. bumper to bumper folks matching speed in all lanes. douchenozzles and old folks driving 60 on the left for MILES. 69 is a mess from indy to fort wayne,(and vice versa), of people doing whatever they feel like, its like the wild west on 4 wheels.

ive not seen such poor road manners since i moved from rural tennessee.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I hate all bikers... wheter its jap bikes or it hey look at me i have straight pipes on my hog and hold it wot through every gear....

Really....................Hate.

Like saying I hate all Glock owners or I hate....hate ....hate

Chill. See avatar hate boy.

I do not hate truckers.

Edit...yes there were some idiots involved in the video. The bikes should have cleared the left lane, the camera bike did not need to speed up to prevent the driver from merging but why would you want to put yourself in the middle of a pack. Not all riders are morons and not all cage operators are idiots.

My wife and I rode for years before medical issues and traffic made it not so fun any more. She had a full sized Harley and rode with sense. Do you hate her to.

Her bike is on the right.

ourbikes131.jpg

Last edited:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    The driver of that card was very stupid but those bikers had no right to take up both lanes of that interstate. Traffic going the same speed should be in the right lane, while the left lane is reserved for vehicles passing those in the right lane.

dbiernesser

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Bloomington
    There are idiots driving in every type of transportation. There are idiots walking and texting. It's annoying that the bikers were blocking all traffic, but that was really irresponsible of the driver to do. Thank God everyone was ok.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    The driver of that card was very stupid but those bikers had no right to take up both lanes of that interstate. Traffic going the same speed should be in the right lane, while the left lane is reserved for vehicles passing those in the right lane.

My drive to work & back would be so much better if people actually held to that!

I'm amazed no matter what time, there's always one left lane loser. My favorites are the ones that jump in the left lane, & slow down to speed of car in the right.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My drive to work & back would be so much better if people actually held to that!

I'm amazed no matter what time, there's always one left lane loser. My favorites are the ones that jump in the left lane, & slow down to speed of car in the right.

My all time favorite is the ones running 5 MPH under that will yield the lane to you (left) and when you roll past they speed up and pace you on the passenger quarter panel just in the blind spot on the mirror. Once you step on the loud pedal and run it up a ways (slowly) they continue to pace you un-aware they are 15 MPH over the limit but stay right there.
    It usually takes 20 plus over to shake them..........:dunno:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    That's a great video. :)
    I will be passing this one on.

For those who don't like motorcycles, somebody needs to let you ride bi*ch for a while and you might even gain an appreciation for the sport.
    Guaranteed to at least get a smile out of you.

**Please don't get offended for the riding term, it only means to sit passenger.**

Reminds me of anti-gunners that scream about the terrible guns, but if you ever get them to shoot one for the first time, they've got nothing but a huge grin from ear to ear. :D

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I hate all bikers... wheter its jap bikes or it hey look at me i have straight pipes on my hog and hold it wot through every gear....

Never once had a positive experience with any biker...

Jap bikes, they weave in and out and sneak up right behind you and pass

Harley guys take for ever to get off the line and then its wind it out in 1st and hold it, than slowly go into 2nd, wind that out and hold it with your straight pipes sounding like complete ****....

my cousins both are harley guys and they even **** me off when i find myself around them in traffic

Nice to see you don't lump people from a certain type all together based on your experience with a few. The Anti-gunners could learn a thing or two from you!

It's funny hearing people like you flame bikers regardless of what they ride. I have ridden motorcycles since I was 5 yrs old off road and on road since I was 16. I drive a truck and have for the last 14 years and logged well over 1,000,000 miles accident free. I've been to every state except California, New Mexico, and Arizona in a truck. I currently drive from ECI to Chicagoland, 540 miles, every day. I see far more idiots driving cars and doing stupid things in cars than motorcycles by a long shot. There are also a lot of stupid truck drivers on the

That being said there are stupid people and stupid people, do stupid things. It does not matter if they drive a car, a truck, a bike, are a gun owner, or are a law enforcement officer. Stupid people are what bring about stereotypes and the sad thing is those stereotypes usually only truthfully apply to a very small portion of that segment of people. There are also good people and plenty of them in most bad stereotyped groups.

I know that there are plenty of people that hate truck drivers and that's okay it's their right to do so. But, I take it upon myself to help change people's views of them by being the courteous type of driver that I wish others were. I know it's not much but every person can make a difference if enough people are trying to make a difference regardless of what it is they are doing.

Point is, don't be so quick to judge a book by it's cover or lump all people from a group together. Most bikers are great people and will generally be the first people to help you if they see you need it. :twocents:

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I have wanted to get a bike for a long time, but have not decided if it is worth the risk. People who ride bikes have way better handling than people in cars ever will, but it's other drivers that make riding so dangerous.

I don't see how you can complain about bikers, until you live in CA, the only state in the US to my knowledge that it is legal to lane split. Try sitting in traffic, and seeing a bike whoosh past your side mirrors. I hate lane splitting.

Other than that :D carry on!

Oh yea, and toll roads! Try having 200+ bikers hog up the booths.

As far as their driving here in Indiana goes, I have never had a problem with any biker, but plenty of trucks.

I would take lane splitting over jacked up trucks with stacks that have drivers who blow smoke at you on purpose. Indiana really needs to address that issue. Those trucks don't even exist in CA.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I don't see how you can complain about bikers, until you live in CA, the only state in the US to my knowledge that it is legal to lane split. Try sitting in traffic, and seeing a bike whoosh past your side mirrors. I hate lane splitting.
    Lane splitting responsibly (moving 5 to 10mph through stopped traffic) is not an issue. Idiots who lane split at or near normal speeds or do so when traffic is flowing well are idiots and should quit before they get themselves killed.

I *wish* we could legally lane-split here except for the fact that I know there are a lot of people out there that are either jealous or simply hate bikes/bikers and would "just happen" open their door with a biker coming ... you know ... to get out and look around while traffic stood still.

I've *never* seen anybody open a door or get out in stand-still traffic but it apparently happens to bikers in California all the time and, I assume, if lane splitting were legal here we'd suddenly see this behavior here as well. It's unfortunate that people have the mindset of "If I am going to be stuck in this traffic, you're going to be stuck here too!"

I would take lane splitting over jacked up trucks with stacks that have drivers who blow smoke at you on purpose. Indiana really needs to address that issue. Those trucks don't even exist in CA.
    You mean the trucks that if it were to rear-end you or you were to rear-end it - the bumper would be over the top of your trunk or the roof of your car?

Yeah... Not sure how they're 'legal'.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Our local biker hater CTC B4Z and admitted road rager has this issue. Hate of those he is not in tune with.
    I have ridden in Cali. Lane splitting can be a good thing. Yes, folks will open doors on you as they are stuck in the grid lock that is Cali at rush "Hours"
    I can see our buddy lurking in his mirrors waiting to spring his trap on those un-suspecting and much hated "Bikers"

I just do not get the hate speak. Bikers as a total are not bad folks. Yes, they will occasionally zip past you in traffic. Yes, some have loud pipes and like to tell the world they are rebels with them. Bikers as a whole do good works and raise a lot of money for charity's. Many folks who get no help from organized charity's have gotten much needed relief from the "Biker" community.
    My wife and I have logged untold thousands of miles raising money for sick/disabled individuals. We helped raise money for wheel chair kids with no means of building ramps and modifying their homes for the wheel chair to access. We spent our weekends building those ramps, moving sinks and widening doors for bathroom access as mom and dad were not able to afford.
    We were part of organizing the very first "Run for Riley" charity event.
    I could go on but I will just say.....Bite me.

Things we hate....Thugs.... thieves......villains of any sort (politicians fit this). This is a good place to put your hate.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm a biker, and my bike is loud. I can assure you CTC, I do not care how you feel about me or my bike, but your universal hate for all bikers is pretty ridiculous. Again, I don't care because I would never want to associate myself with anyone that ever thought like you and your misinformed self. People usually on hate things they are scared of, so I would ask you, what scares you about bikes?

There are bad people out there in any group, but every one I have rode with has been a good guy/woman. Very respectful, and easy to get along with, until a cager decides to cut one of them off. All we ask for is a little bit of common courtesy. Again, there will be bad people out there, but if you hate every race, gender, group, organization that has a bad person in it, then you must be a lonely person.

So continue to hate us, we don't want your friendship, its probably not worth it. I'll continue riding with my friends, we will have a great time with out you. All I ask is that you pay attention to your surroundings and don't run me over.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    You talk about common courtesy and then say your bike is loud and you don't care how one feels about it. Is that a paradox? Other than irritating everyone within hearing distance, and eventually ruining your hearing, what do loud pipes do? Full disclosure: I have owned three bikes, all with factory mufflers.

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    You talk about common courtesy and then say your bike is loud and you don't care how one feels about it. Is that a paradox? Other than irritating everyone within hearing distance, and eventually ruining your hearing, what do loud pipes do? Full disclosure: I have owned three bikes, all with factory mufflers.

Its loud if I really get on it, I live in a neighborhood and have talked to the majority of my neighbors and have all said that when I come down the street that it isn't obnoxious. I do not care about someone that chooses to hate me with out knowing me, if my exhaust would bother someone then I would take every precaution to make sure it didn't bother them by staying clear of them or their house.

Just becuase my motorcycle is loud doesnt mean I dont show people respect, and give common courtesy. And thats fine that you had stock mufflers on yours, I like the sound of louder pipes on mine.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've never understood the unbridled hatred towards motorcyclists, more specifically sport bike riders.

Yes, there are stupid riders out there who like to show off and exploit the performance of the vehicle they're on. It causes a lot of crashes, and innocent people get hurt. I know a few people personally, whom I refuse to ride with, that have caused such accidents. One in particular rear-ended a car on I-70 because he was riding beyond his limits.

I myself ride a modern sportbike. I do like to head south and rip through the twisty roads of southern Indiana. I may go flying past you at triple digits. I know when and how to do it safely. I know what my bike is capable of, and I know my limits on the bike. I really don't care how stupid or irresponsible you think I am. If you think by swerving into my lane to slow me down, or brake checking me because you think I'm too close is going to change my mind about how I ride, you're grossly mistaken.

Drive your car and mind your own business. Don't try to kill me because you don't like what I'm doing. It won't end well.

wrnyhuise

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    SW Indianapolis
    quite a bit of no respect going on there from both sides. AS a former rider i can say that i have seen many people that had bad attitudes on both sides of it. Regardless it is never worth risking injury to anyone.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Its loud if I really get on it, I live in a neighborhood and have talked to the majority of my neighbors and have all said that when I come down the street that it isn't obnoxious. I do not care about someone that chooses to hate me with out knowing me, if my exhaust would bother someone then I would take every precaution to make sure it didn't bother them by staying clear of them or their house.

Just becuase my motorcycle is loud doesnt mean I dont show people respect, and give common courtesy. And thats fine that you had stock mufflers on yours, I like the sound of louder pipes on mine.

Please know I don't hate you. I just have always wondered what the attraction is to loud pipes. Maybe the answer is; if you have to ask you'll never know.

To me a bike with loud pipes is similar to someone with a very loud sound system in their car and I'm stuck next to them at a light.

Top Bottom