• CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    EEHHH !
    The thought of it,Is just PLAIN NASTY!
    The Amish community around here (southern Adams county)dont take baths regularly and i dont think they shave thier legs or under arms????
    Easy on the stereotyping now. I grew up in southern adams county, worked for amish, spent lots of time in around amish and their homes/lifestyles. They vary widely in their lifestyles.

Example: One guy that I particularly liked working for, and enjoyed talking to (very brilliant man) kept his barnyard immaculately clean. His wife and kids did the same for the house. If you stepped any further than the parlour in the home, you had to take your shoes off. I would have willingly eaten off his floor it was that clean/spotless. 1/4 mi. down the road was a different amish man, different family (not related to the first one even remotely close), I wouldn't even take a drink of water from the guy. He was weird, dirty, grumpy, you name it.

Just like anybody else, some are good, and some aren't so good.

While we're on the topic of Amish, I'll fill in some of the blanks. Most, if not all of them don't shave (some may, I'm not really sure), but that doesn't mean they aren't pretty. I've seen many amish women in clothes that they wouldn't go out into public in, and there are some very pretty amish women out there, just like any other person, some are pretty, some aren't. They get a bad rap and often it's said they don't shower very often, but that is likely due to the fact that they don't use deodorant or anti-persperant products AFAIK. Work hard outside on a 90 degree day without anti-persperant and I bet anybody would stink like they haven't showered in days.

So pretty much, the only difference that I can tell is that they don't shave. Not much different than European girls is it?

:twocents:

Disclaimer: I've never been with a European girl, I'm just going by what I've heard.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Easy on the stereotyping now. I grew up in southern adams county, worked for amish, spent lots of time in around amish and their homes/lifestyles. They vary widely in their lifestyles.

Example: One guy that I particularly liked working for, and enjoyed talking to (very brilliant man) kept his barnyard immaculately clean. His wife and kids did the same for the house. If you stepped any further than the parlour in the home, you had to take your shoes off. I would have willingly eaten off his floor it was that clean/spotless. 1/4 mi. down the road was a different amish man, different family (not related to the first one even remotely close), I wouldn't even take a drink of water from the guy. He was weird, dirty, grumpy, you name it.

While we're on the topic of Amish, I'll fill in some of the blanks. Most, if not all of them don't shave (some may, I'm not really sure), but that doesn't mean they aren't pretty. I've seen many amish women in clothes that they wouldn't go out into public in, and there are some very pretty amish women out there, just like any other person, some are pretty, some aren't. They get a bad rap and often it's said they don't shower very often, but that is likely due to the fact that they don't use deodorant or anti-persperant products AFAIK. Work hard outside on a 90 degree day without anti-persperant and I bet anybody would stink like they haven't showered in days.

So pretty much, the only difference that I can tell is that they don't shave. Not much different than European girls is it?

Disclaimer: I've never been with a European girl, I'm just going by what I've heard.

i can say with 100% certainty that atleast Italian girls (1996) do shave and were very nice to look at on the topless beaches.

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    36   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County

??? In southern adams county He must have moved ! no the amish up on th northern end are a different story!!
    JUST MY opinion

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Victoria Secrets underwear is crap! I'll shop at aerie, get the same thing for less money that won't fall apart with one washing.

BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    I turn into Clark Griswald when I try to shop for my lady. "It wouldn't be the Christmas shopping season if the stores were any less hooter than they - HOTTER than they are. Whew. It is warm in here, isn't it?"

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    A student who was in one of my labs (briefly) was alleged to have worked at Victoria's Secret. She would have been an excellent sales demo.

I only learned of this after she dropped the class (another guy did the lectures) and was no longer in my lab. I was . . . disappointed.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    A student who was in one of my labs (briefly) was alleged to have worked at Victoria's Secret. She would have been an excellent sales demo.

I only learned of this after she dropped the class (another guy did the lectures) and was no longer in my lab. I was . . . disappointed.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have no pictures, but I'm thankful my [strike]wife[/strike] husband shops exclusively at [strike]VS[/strike] Walmart. I feel honored to be on the mailing list. I'm also very happy I can legitimately walk into [strike]VS[/strike] Walmart for xmas and [strike]her[/strike] his birthday and find something[strike] she[/strike] he'll (I'll) enjoy. That is it.

:D

This.

Better stuff half the time at wallmart then VS.... and a lot cheaper.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If you all think that VS only sells undies and junk like that...

You're missing out on a whole other world. Look through their website at all the "regular clothes" that they have.

And it's all very well made stuff; they don't (generally) sell crap.

My wife wears (well, used to wear...VS doesn't make maternity clothes) VS clothing all the time because they fit her very well.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    My wife wears (well, used to wear...VS doesn't make maternity clothes) VS clothing all the time because they fit her very well.
    Same here. About 7 or 8 years ago my wife tried a VS bra and that was the end of it. She said it was so incredibly comfortable that she couldn't even stand to wear her other bras. She now only wears VS bras, and she is about 50/50 on underwear/panties/whatever you call them. BTW, get a VS credit card if you buy there frequently. You get rewards, special offers in the mail, etc. My wife is always getting coupons in the mail. And her rewards are help making the bras cheaper.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    This.

Better stuff half the time at wallmart then VS.... and a lot cheaper.

I'll give you the fact that it's less expensive. I'm sure both stores import their products from India or China, so technically I'm sure it's all coming from the same place.

One thing that VS does so much better is merchandising their stuff. They have great displays, posters, hired help, etc... Not to mention the catalog. Wow.

I'll agree on price tag, but I cannot agree on Wally having "better stuff." I try to avoid Wally when I can. :noway:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I would agree maybe on the bras, since my wife sometimes buys them from VS. But for regular clothes, don't need to shop there as there are so many other brands out there and usually better quality. I agree with those who posted about the marketing aspect of things. Insofar as lingerie...why do you need your significant other to wear lingerie? To get turned on? To make her feel better? If it makes her feel better...how? Because you like it? I certainly don't need to have mine wearing anything to get turned on. That's the problem with today's society about "how one looks" and materialism.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'll give you the fact that it's less expensive. I'm sure both stores import their products from India or China, so technically I'm sure it's all coming from the same place.

One thing that VS does so much better is merchandising their stuff. They have great displays, posters, hired help, etc... Not to mention the catalog. Wow.

I'll agree on price tag, but I cannot agree on Wally having "better stuff." I try to avoid Wally when I can. :noway:

When I meant better stuff I was comparing it to stuff off the shelf in the store.... but then I like the ummm "more adventerous" stuff/clothing haha.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Pics or it didn't happen.

Yeah, well, see, I had no opportunities that would not have resulted in my termination. We could always take a trip to the mall with our cell phones and hope for the best, I suppose.

. . . if you buy there frequently. You get rewards . . .

I really, really, really like the idea of being "rewarded" by Victoria's Secret.

Top Bottom