• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Indeed we do, however, Guy posted IC that stated you cannot use lethal force to do a citizens arrest or detain unless a felony was committed. The article said "men approached, presumably to rob", no idea what that means. Just because you claim to be in fear for your life does not mean that a crime or even a felony was comitted.

This story is lacking in details to know if the men displayed weapons or what was said. If I demand money from you in an aggressive manner, is that a felony?

Robbery and assaults are both felonies. Or at least the victim would be justified in believing they are.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    I agree, but one fled. Once the situation turned to those guys bugging out, are you (in Indiana) allowed to continue to detain them with threat of lethal force? I would personally do it, but want to know if I'd be hosing myself legally

Until the other two depart (retreat from the engagement), I would definately keep my distance, and stay drawn on them; they could at any moment decide to try to take you out.... thus you are still in fear for your life. Whether or not it is legal - who cares? Like the old addage goes - "Better to be judged by twelve than carried by 6!":twocents:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    One of the comments about the story proposed a great idea; Start spreading the rumor that people that actively support the 2A, whether OC or CC, are actually helping to slow down global warming! Attach it to a positive "green" position and we can't lose.:rockwoot:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom