• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Amen to that! If your back is ever against the wall, and you have no one, or no where to turn, regardless of the situation, your "best friend" aka your dog, will never leave your side. They don't lie, cheat, steal, back stab, gossip or any of the other traits that we humans have. They were born with "unconditional love", and that is what they offer to us, regardless of how we treat them.

I can say that ours, (and those before them) have been loved, pampered, well fed, and taken as good of (if not better) care than a lot I've seen, and sometimes even of ourselves, and what we get in return, is all the love in their hearts, a shoulder to lean on, an ear to listen to us, and a friend who willingly would give their lives for us. They're akin to what they say about good friends, "a good friend is one who knows all your faults, and loves you anyway".

And to the Navy Seal, Thank You, for keeping the rest of us safe at night, and the freedom with what we call "home", and the liberty we all take so much for granted.
    May God bless an keep you!
    7th Stepper
    Well said, best comment so far. Found whole story in sevral other places on the web, had to keep hitting the pause button to clear my own screen, then I realized it wasn't the screen.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    Reminds me of "The Greyfriar's Bobby". I believe its Scottish. A policeman walked his route everyday with his dog. When he died his dog led the funeral procession to the graveyard. His dog walked the route everyday after and then to the grave. When the dog died, the people of the route buried him next to his master and put up a statue of both master and dog.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom