• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cak387

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Kokomo
    I hate to post this with the other dog thread with Hanu losing his best friend, but it is truly a touching picture.

1314141541997.jpg

The picture is from a Navy SEAL's funeral who died in the August 6 crash of a Chinook helicopter. The picture is of his dog, Hawkeye, who never left his side, even during the service.

I saw this posted on another forum and, with being a dog owner myself, it brought me to tears instantly. Like someone else had mentioned over there on my other forum, "If there was ever any doubt that a dog was a man's best friend, that doubt shall now be laid to rest."

Link to story - Dog Won’t Leave Fallen Navy SEAL’s Side (Video) | Home Post

RIP Jon Tumilson and thank you for your sacrifice :patriot:

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    If that picture makes you cry, whatever you do don't youtube loyal dogs and play some of the similar video's.

Very sad picture indeed.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I hate to post this with the other dog thread with Hanu losing his best friend, but it is truly a touching picture.

1314141541997.jpg

The picture is from a Navy SEAL's funeral who died in the August 6 crash of a Chinook helicopter. The picture is of his dog, Hawkeye, who never left his side, even during the service.

I saw this posted on another forum and, with being a dog owner myself, it brought me to tears instantly. Like someone else had mentioned over there on my other forum, "If there was ever any doubt that a dog was a man's best friend, that doubt shall now be laid to rest."

Link to story - Dog Won’t Leave Fallen Navy SEAL’s Side (Video) | Home Post

RIP Jon Tumilson and thank you for your sacrifice :patriot:

I hate you! Thank you for providing proof once again that dogs are indeed better people than a lot of the two legged variety surrounding us everyday.:patriot:

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    Amen to that! If your back is ever against the wall, and you have no one, or no where to turn, regardless of the situation, your "best friend" aka your dog, will never leave your side. They don't lie, cheat, steal, back stab, gossip or any of the other traits that we humans have. They were born with "unconditional love", and that is what they offer to us, regardless of how we treat them.

I can say that ours, (and those before them) have been loved, pampered, well fed, and taken as good of (if not better) care than a lot I've seen, and sometimes even of ourselves, and what we get in return, is all the love in their hearts, a shoulder to lean on, an ear to listen to us, and a friend who willingly would give their lives for us. They're akin to what they say about good friends, "a good friend is one who knows all your faults, and loves you anyway".

And to the Navy Seal, Thank You, for keeping the rest of us safe at night, and the freedom with what we call "home", and the liberty we all take so much for granted.
    May God bless an keep you!
    7th Stepper

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    For some reason, my screen seems to be defective. That picture got blurry almost immediately, and doesn't seem to clear up well.

There is no price that could ever be put on that kind of unconditional love.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    There must be a dust storm hitting the whole state at the same time, its hitting my place too.

That is sad and amazing at the same time. Like mentioned, that just shows that a dog is a companion for life, and nothing can change them from it.

-MColford

Top Bottom