Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    220px-Vernors_GingerSoda.jpg

Who drinks this stuff and WHY?!

It's like death in a can.

I've heard that it contains a high concentration of CO2 and that is what
    makes you choke but the crap burns your mouth as well.

:dunno:

This Thursday night random weirdness brought to you by printcraft. :yesway:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I love Vernor's. Growing up in Detroit meant it was a regular part of my childhood. I pretty much can't stand any other ginger ale.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    See if you can find some Blenheim's with the pink cap. You can get the regular at Some Guys Pizza, and it makes the Vernor's seem like water. They actually warn you when you order it. The pink is the hot one. I have one bottle hoarded away :)

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Canada Dry is really weak stuff. Shipyard Brewing, (under their Capt'n Eli's Brand) makes a ginger ale that will damned near strip paint. You can see the ginger in it. Blenheim is seriously hot. Spicy. There's a Jamaican one, Reed's I think, that's really strong. Burns like all get out. Those are just a few, off the top of my head.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Canada Dry always tastes of Emetrol to me. My mom used to give us this supposedly anti-nausea medication when we were kids and got sick. It usually had the opposite effect intended.

JjLsH.jpg

I enjoy a nice Canada Dry when I'm ill..... could be a connection.

Now I need to find some of the "real" stuff you guys mentioned if I can and give it a whirl.. it has my interest peaked.

tatertot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    I love Vernor's. Growing up in Detroit meant it was a regular part of my childhood. I pretty much can't stand any other ginger ale.

My parents live on the outskirts of Detroit. I asked them for one of the ginger ales in the fridge (it was a Vernors). They quickly corrected me and said they only had Vernors, not Ginger Ale. Apparently Ginger Ale is serious business in Michigan.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My parents live on the outskirts of Detroit. I asked them for one of the ginger ales in the fridge (it was a Vernors). They quickly corrected me and said they only had Vernors, not Ginger Ale. Apparently Ginger Ale is serious business in Michigan.

I can confirm that it's Vernor's and not ginger ale. However, I've never heard anyone in Detroit get uppity if you were to ask for ginger ale. But you would receive Vernor's. ;)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I had to go downstairs and grab a can. Unfortunately, none of it is chilled, so I had to put it in a glass with ice. :noway:

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    See if you can find some Blenheim's with the pink cap. You can get the regular at Some Guys Pizza, and it makes the Vernor's seem like water. They actually warn you when you order it. The pink is the hot one. I have one bottle hoarded away :)
    +1 for the blenheim's. used to live about 20 miles from the blenheim company. bought a bottle of hot once. took a couple of days to finish it.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    I grew up on Vernors ...and thought everyone did. :dunno: Little did I know that others lived in such carbonated ignorance. :D One of the first things on my list to do when I moved to Indiana was to find a good source of Vernors.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    my wifes family were from the flint area in michigan and everytime we go up we have a vernors and a kogels hot dog

jake

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Since my real name is Vernon, I am obligated by state law to do one of two things:
    1. Run for mayor of Mount Vernon (vote Vernon for Vernon!)
    2. Drink Vernors religiously

Problem I had was ginger stopped me up (drank it ALOT). That stuff was like bizzarro Draino...

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    My great Uncle Ralph used to keep Vernors and Strohs in the garage refrigerator. Love the stuff. ( I gave up Strohs when I left college and got a job) One of my favorite memories is holding a can of Vernors while Uncle Ralph cleaned bluegill and I watched. Come to think of it, his brother Barney, who I met at his funeral, was from Michigan.

5 yr old girls could drink the stuff. Printcraft is a Ginger Wussy.:gaychase:

Top Bottom