• ...and so much more!
  • bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    For those of you who have been anxiously waiting for Verizon to release a decent Smartphone your wait may be over soon! I found this info this morning and did some digging. It looks awesome! It's powered by Google's Android operating system which is totally open source. Which also means that it will run the thousands of apps already out there. Looks like it is supposed to be released within the next week or two. I've seen some reports that Best Buy will have it available tomorrow. Others note that it might be 10/28 or 11/6.

You can click in the gallery of this link to see specs:
    Motorola Droid's website published a bit early, with specs galore (update: video)

More info:
    Motorola Releases Droid Specs, Photos Online - Reviews by PC Magazine

Motorola 'Droid Does' Release Date: Android Coming Sooner Than Thought, Rumors Say (PHOTOS)

:rockwoot:

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Yes, please.

I found another site that's putting their money on Nov. 9th. But you can get one now on ebay for a bid of $909.99 or more...seriously.
    showimage.php

gus1989

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I've been in the market for a new phone. Couldn't decide on the Imagio or the TP2 - was hoping to handle one in person before deciding. Then I came accross information for this phone. Looks very promising - so I guess I will have to wait at least another week to see how it turns out.

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I have debating over a new phone for a few months now. I'm trying to hold out until late this year to see what all is released for the holiday season. I keep going back to the iphone but I want something with better battery life. Verizon is a superior carrier but I hate how the lock down all their phones. From what I have read Google had a huge part in dictating what went into development at Motorola so maybe the Verizon apps and software won't be on this phone. Needless to say I'm intrigued and I love the marketing for it. The commercials look like cool. Supposedly the countdown timer on droiddoes.com, the official website, is set for Oct. 30.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    That's been my dilemma for a while now. I would love to have an iphone, but I would hate to leave Verizon's network. It will be interesting to see when someone actually does come out with an iphone killer. I would love to see it or the iPhone itself on Verizon's network.

What would be really nice is if Verizon would drop their pricing plans down to the new Sprint Everything Plan pricing. For $69.99 you get 450 minutes and unlimited everything else (data, text, video, gps, nascar, tv, etc...) including unlimited mobile to mobile on any network. You would only burn your allotted 450 minutes if you called a land line (I think). You can make it even sweeter if you can get a referral from a Sprint employee which drops this plan down to $59.99. I have really been looking into this one. I pretty much had my mind made up to go for a new HTC Hero on Sprint. I might just wait to see if Verizon does anything with their pricing plans and let the honeymoon for something like the Droid blow through to save some $$$.

Last edited:

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    What would be really nice is if Verizon would drop their pricing plans down to the new Sprint Everything Plan pricing. You get $69.99 you get 450 minutes and unlimited everything else (data, text, video, gps, nascar, tv, etc...) including unlimited mobile to mobile on any network.

That might be worth checking out. I'll see what my cousin says about this since he works for Verizon.

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    What would be really nice is if Verizon would drop their pricing plans down to the new Sprint Everything Plan pricing. For $69.99 you get 450 minutes and unlimited everything else (data, text, video, gps, nascar, tv, etc...) including unlimited mobile to mobile on any network.

Enter your location Not sure if this link works but the Connect plan from Verizon is what I'm linking to.

This shows all the same features except you don't get VZ Navigator or VCast. I guess those are cool but if you have unlimited data you can check them out online. I guess it is a couple extra steps but it is still technically free.

I haven't figured out why they charge for the VZ Navigator when you can just go to Google Maps or download the mapquest app. I had the TV thing on my At&t phone and it was a joke. It was short video clips that were really limited.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I keep ruining track balls on Blackberrys, so I've had it. I don't need a blackberry server for as much as it goes down anyway.

I'm needing this here droid.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I really doubt that verizon is getting the iphone anytime soon. At&t and Verizon's networks are completely different, so apple would have to alter the iphone hardware for it to work on verizon.

The fact that verizon's droid ad is anti-iphone also makes be think they wont be getting it.

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I really doubt that verizon is getting the iphone anytime soon. At&t and Verizon's networks are completely different, so apple would have to alter the iphone hardware for it to work on verizon.

The fact that verizon's droid ad is anti-iphone also makes be think they wont be getting it.

I am pretty sure that the commercial is from Motorola...not Verizon. I bet if that IS the case and Verizon is trying to work a deal with Apple, they aren't very happy. But you could be right on the money with that prediction.

Top Bottom