Verizon giving data on all calls (foreign and domestic) to NSA?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This administration has it made in the shade. No wonder nobody working there is worried.

Creekside Chat: Keeping It All In the Family: The Cozy Relations between Media and the Obama White House

Benghazi_Relationships.png

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Timeline: Post-9/11 Surveillance

NSA Spying on Americans Is Illegal (2005)
    What if it emerged that the President of the United States was flagrantly violating the Constitution and a law passed by the Congress to protect Americans against abuses by a super-secret spy agency? What if, instead of apologizing, he said, in essence, "I have the power to do that, because I say I can." That frightening scenario is exactly what we are now witnessing in the case of the warrantless NSA spying ordered by President Bush that was reported December 16, 2005 by the New York Times.

According to the Times, Bush signed a presidential order in 2002 allowing the National Security Agency to monitor without a warrant the international (and sometimes domestic) telephone calls and e-mail messages of hundreds or thousands of citizens and legal residents inside the United States. The program eventually came to include some purely internal controls - but no requirement that warrants be obtained from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court as the 4th Amendment to the Constitution and the foreign intelligence surveillance laws require.

In other words, no independent review or judicial oversight.

That kind of surveillance is illegal. Period.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Just remember what kind of person brought you this travesty.

"Congressman Pence voted yes on allowing federal government electronic surveillance without a warrant (September 2006), voted against requiring FISA warrants for wiretaps (March 2008), and voted for the REAL ID Act (February 2005). He voted for the USA PATRIOT Act in 2001 and voted to make it permanent in 2005. In 2005 and 2006, Pence voted for the Military Commissions Act, voted for the Electronic Surveillence Modernization Act, and voted against a resolution to ban inhumane treatment (torture) of detainees held by U.S. forces." - http://bit.ly/16NpWF6

“The Patriot Act is essential to our continued success in the war on terror here at home.” - Mike Pence

Oh, yeah. Indiana's governor is responsible for behaviour like this.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    couple this with mail services being outdated.............I sense a swing back to snail mail and face to face conversations.....How can that be bad and it will save the post office.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Ok.... how about someone make a thread that puts all of, let's say... the last three weeks of news together... Can we call this Tyranny yet? Ok go back a few more months... How about now??? Or all of the YEARS that it's been going on... How about now.
    Every single news article about the .gov, be it local municipalities, to State, Congressional, Senatorial, Presidential, etc. adds to the impact of the true world out there around us... Add to the control over Communications (This thread), The FDA with our food, the Fed Schooling curriculum, the EPA with our Energy, the IRS with our hard earned fiat dollars, to the LEOs on the Streets (NOT ALL!) that attack a 14yr old kid for looking at them wrong... I mean Come ON Guys! Can we get any more blatantly disrespected.

Slap.gif

And us calling our Reps (they may be your Reps, not mine) will do nothing because...
    Sowell-Decisions-Without-Consequences1.jpg

they WON'T relate...

We obviously don't know how to educate ourselves, feed ourselves, clothe ourselves... Wake Up America! Grow a set! Because "it's for the children, we're all here for our children." - Michelle Obama (the hetero stand-in for an actual homosexual president... Not to put any Homosexuals down)

Jmebd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Well, I'd say I'm GLAD that I'm NOT on Verizon but in all reality my carrier probably is doing it as well....just hasn't been ousted yet.. :(

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I just spent about an hour watching FOX News. They were covering the NSA datamining operation, but their panel of political experts were all downplaying it and making excuses for it. Charles Krauthammer says he "has no particular problem with it." A female neocon commentator bragged about her consistency in supporting the NSA program both under Bush and Obama. I could barely stomach it.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

For the record:

I hate the Patriot Act.

I hate the Patriot Act.

I hate the Patriot Act.

I HATE the Patriot Act.

I HATE the Patriot Act.

There. I think I used all of the sizes...

There is NOTHING patriotic about this act.

Regards,

Doug

PS - OH, and I hated it when it was passed so many years ago.:xmad:

Top Bottom