• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Crazy enough my wife and I had near the same experience. We drove to Kentucky with an alternator and a battery for my sisters Cutlass. It pooped out on here coming home from Florida. The locals wanted way to much to fix it so I got the parts and drove most of the night to pick her and the car up. Took about 2 hrs to make the repairs and we started for home. Got to Scotsburg and the tranny just popped. She called me on her cell and said it was slipping and I saw smoke and then more smoke and then pop....fluid poured out of the pan as all the internals tried to exit through it. I pulled her to the top of the ramp and we left the car to be scouped up by the local junk yard. It had 165,000 on it, Bye bye.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Fiancee had a minivan. We tried to trade it in at Carmax when we got her car, but that wound up increasing the total, so I paid it off and we just sold it. I should set up as a used car lot here; this is the second one that's sold off this property with no sign or solicitation. Izzat fer sale? Wow. Nothing broken though.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Looks like we're going to donate it to charity. That way, no towing costs, no Craigslist nuts, etc.

Since we had it for 12 years, I'm ok getting $0 out of it to not be hassled by it any longer. If it weren't 125 miles away, I might feel different.

Or call me to make a bid. :D

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Final update...we are donating the vehicle to charity. Painless and we get a small tax deduction. Win-win.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    It was an epic thread title...and now a tale of a dead tranny has been necro-bumped.

That in and of itself takes it to a new level. :)

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I was going to buy a Honda mini van, but I read about the horrible transmission problem...wait...was this the Honda mini can I was going to buy?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I was thinking of an INGO open shoot. Tow it to a lake front and get a bunch of INGO'ers into a large boat with lots firearms....... oh wait......bad idea.

Top Bottom