• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • k.leonard

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    North Vernon
    I've also been looking into vehicle carrying. Best solution i could find for my vehicle (07 Nissan Xterra) is a spare holster and some velcro. Kind of tacky, but until i find something that is really sparking my interest it will have to do..

I'm back at square one. Velcro done good until the gun was put into play lol.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Silly boys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FoQg4wxs0Y

Your gun never leaves the retention holster.... with the mounting options available theres nothing you cant mount this too.

I carry my glock and XDm in serpas with this system. I can mount it to the tank of my motorcycle... using the MOLE STRIKE platform

tvr1.jpg

I dig it cause its soooo versatile . Mounting this in a car would be a pice of cake, and its a very secure draw

18-1239-IMG3_L-01.jpeg

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Guys, the issue I have with most (not all) of these ideas / systems is that they break Jeff Cooper's Law #2 - NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY.

With that being said, the Blackhawk Serpa suggestions look very interesting to me. I'm only concerned about having it next to / open to my passenger's leg, mainly for security reasons. May need to play around with this idea.

k.leonard

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    North Vernon
    I'm going to give that gum creek one a try. going to attach a fobus roto holster to it and see how I like it. if I don't, I'll have one up for sale and I'll be back at square one lol

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Been looking to find a different way to carry a gun in my truck when I came across this.

http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/ProductDetail.aspx?c=13&p=SA+22685&ct=e

Can't see spending $40 on it but it is very similar to what I have been wanting. I'm just curious as to how well it would work. Will it rattle and beat against the trim? I'm assuming it has to be adjustable, will the strap work loose if it does jiggle around very much.

While thoughts on this are appreciated, hands on experience and reviews are what I'm really looking for. Also, I don't have my heart set on this so if anyone has a similar but different suggestion feel free to make it. Please link to those suggestions.

Thanks.

I have one similar to this. Just put a separate holster on it and all was good to go. Once it was tightened up it seemed secure. This was installed in my full sized pick-up, not jacked up or anything.

The problem that I have is that it is still visible from outside. Maybe this was more of a problem because I knew it was there. Just seemed to scream out to anyone close when I opened the door. Easy to see from outside if someone was casing your vehicle. Not gray enough for me so far.

My EDC stays on my hip. I have a second firearm in my GHB. I have a BUG in the center console, although I plan to conceal it better.

Back when I had a W2 I would place the pistol and holster under the center console when I got to work. Hidden to keep the ant-gunner boss off my tail, but always there.

Just my thoughts. I plan to play around some more in an attempt to find a more easily accessible holster.

talderma

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    North East Indy
    I use a gun magnet that I have zip tied under my seat. It works great and is cheap ($20 at the Indy 1500). They are covered in rubber and wont scratch your gun, I love these things!

ZAA-105_A.jpg

blink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    I'm really liking the Blackhawk Quick Disconnect system. Probably be the one I go with. Just have to put a little money back for a bit since I just wasted my Gun Fund on a new M&P 9.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Maybe get the orange colored ones... they are stronger. I think they suggest wrapping velcro around the firearm so it doesn't shake loose.

k.leonard

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    North Vernon
    Be sure to let us know how you like it. I think I might go with something else but still have a few friends that are interested in it

I ended up ordering one. got it today and installed it. used a cheap holster but have a fobus on the way. so far I really like it other than not bein able to get it real tight on my vehicle. (07 Nissan xterra)

Top Bottom