• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    Been looking to find a different way to carry a gun in my truck when I came across this.

http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/ProductDetail.aspx?c=13&p=SA+22685&ct=e

Can't see spending $40 on it but it is very similar to what I have been wanting. I'm just curious as to how well it would work. Will it rattle and beat against the trim? I'm assuming it has to be adjustable, will the strap work loose if it does jiggle around very much.

While thoughts on this are appreciated, hands on experience and reviews are what I'm really looking for. Also, I don't have my heart set on this so if anyone has a similar but different suggestion feel free to make it. Please link to those suggestions.

Thanks.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    currently, if i take a full-size piece in addition to my EDC, i stuff it in between my 40/20/40 split seats, in a holster.
    at some point or another i plan to make one of these for my silverado.
    417978_430100363705488_2099535528_n.png

blink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    While that looks very cool. I'm putting it in a POS Sonoma that is just going back and forth to work. Don't want to fiddle with it in the parking lot. Figure I can put it in the holster in the morning and have there if needed but won't have to keep changing from one holster to another three or four times a day.

MooreALX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Hartford City
    This isn't my setup, but I'd like to do something similar in my Jeep. I like how he used a Serpa, this way if I ever rolled my Jeep, then the gun will stay secure.

Last edited:

blink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    I like that setup also. Definitely something to consider but since it is going to be parked at work doesn't it have to be covered or concealed in some way for the preemption to be valid? If I just throw something over it I think it might look obvious.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I utilize my IWB holster mounted under my steering wheel. The belt clip locks into the access panel for the wiring under the wheel. Nobody can see it, but I can have my hand on it and look casual. Also, it gives me options carry. If I'm oc like a boss (not trying to start a debate btw) when I park I can casually slide it from under the wheel to my serpa and vice versa. And if I need to cc i just pull the whole rig out and put it on in vehicle. I'll try and upload pics, I've even thought about making a video due to several friends telling me my idea was pretty good.

BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Been looking to find a different way to carry a gun in my truck when I came across this.

http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/ProductDetail.aspx?c=13&p=SA+22685&ct=e

Can't see spending $40 on it but it is very similar to what I have been wanting. I'm just curious as to how well it would work. Will it rattle and beat against the trim? I'm assuming it has to be adjustable, will the strap work loose if it does jiggle around very much.

While thoughts on this are appreciated, hands on experience and reviews are what I'm really looking for. Also, I don't have my heart set on this so if anyone has a similar but different suggestion feel free to make it. Please link to those suggestions.

Thanks.

This holster system is manufactured by Gum Creek and they sell it for $34.95

Universal Vehicle Handgun Holster Mount - Steering Wheel Column Application

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    I prefer a setup the places the pistol on the front of my driver's seat between my legs. A more natural draw for me and not readily visable from the outside. I've seen one setup at the 1500 selling this, bu can't recall their name.

VeteranUSN

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2012
    Wabash Valley
    It looks good but the $34.95 appears to be just for the strap. Adding a holster is an additional $20-$25 depending on the size. Still not a bad price as it seems like it can be easily moved from vehicle to vehicle.

you can get the almost same holster they are selling for $20 at walmart or sporting good store.

k.leonard

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    North Vernon
    I've also been looking into vehicle carrying. Best solution i could find for my vehicle (07 Nissan Xterra) is a spare holster and some velcro. Kind of tacky, but until i find something that is really sparking my interest it will have to do..

Duck slayer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    I would like to get the holster the mounts on the steering column on a Silverado! Does anyone know where I can find one?

Top Bottom