• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I'm not sure that would be legal at a school after July first, doesn't it have to be out of sight in the vehicle? Plus is is smart to leave a gun in view in your car when you're not in it?

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Nice. One benefit I see would be easy access if needed in a hurry but I agree that I might find a better location. I have often considered mounting a serpa holster to my center console at my calf region (easy access, secure and out of sight). I know that if I left mine in my summer holster I might as well forget about getting to it in a hurry, if at all, while seated. I agree that the safest is to leave it holstered but in vehicles like mine, the way the high center console is situated very snuggly against my seat and my strong side, it makes getting to my gun very difficult when seated and strapped in.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I'm not sure that would be legal at a school after July first, doesn't it have to be out of sight in the vehicle? Plus is is smart to leave a gun in view in your car when you're not in it?

When Im not in it the holster is empty. I just know with 100% confidence that if someone were to run up and try to carjack me, I would not be able to get to my weapon quickly if it were in my holster at 3 oclock with the seatbelt covering it. This is putting the odds more in my favor.

Last edited:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I like it. Good use of something that would have just been in a box since it was not going to be used.

when all I did was drive and get in and out I went the Miami vice shoulder holster route. On belt was not comfortable and the seatbelt was alway in the way. Been driving 34 years. Never had an bad enough wreck to have hit a knee or launched a gun from a setup like that. My luck now that I put that out on the inter webs it will happen on the way to work in the morning.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    On long drives I do like the Desantis Apache ankle holster. Normally like many have already said, I carry in the car on me. However, I do see the need of a car holster.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Gum creek makes a nice under the steel wheel holster - no drilling required. I use one of these in my vehicle.

Gum Creek Vehicle Handgun Mount Steering Wheel Gun Holster Mount

566_zpse3ac9c17.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Nice job. I'd like it better if it were a retention holster, but nice execution. Do be careful though, if you ever have to drive through DC. If an empty shell case counts as a loaded weapon there, this would make them giggle with delight at how much they could wring out of you before you were let go.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    The Gum Creek is what is in the Ford and works very well. I have a car this can't be done in so the DeSantis Kingston is used. The gun stays in vehicle in the glove box or center console when I'm out of vehicle with my EDC on my hip. I also don't advertise on any vehicles (stickers and whatnot).

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My only suggestion would be to swap that out for a Serpa or other active retention holster. As mentioned in a violent accident that Glock is going to become a projectile since its sitting in a relatively unrestrained leather holster.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Looks good in theory, but put it through it's paces just to be sure. Get a G19 blue gun (if you haven't one already) or better yet an airsoft G19 and have some In-Vehicle FoF drills with a friend using your illustrated set-up.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    When I had my LCP, I simply stretched my elastic ankle holster over the sun visor. When the visor was folded up you would never had known there was a gun up there.

Top Bottom