• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I just traded into a new Glock 19. I just sold one like a month ago, but quickly learned nobody should be without a Glock 19. So anyways, the guy gave me a small of back holster, which I cannot stand to wear. After a little thinking and a little work I came up with a use.

PhotoGrid_1403040459117_zpsmhk8hxom.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    How's the retention on that? Say, during a rear-end collision?

I see lots of folks with similar ideas: under the dash, between the seats, or on the console. Not my cup of tea. I prefer to NOT unholster getting in/out of the car. But, to each their own.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Looks clean and easy to get to. Just an idea though, but wouldn't it be safer to someone mount it to the ceiling or something? Maybe not as easy to draw, but it would be out of the way

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    What's wrong with leaving it in the holster on your belt? This is a recipie for not having your gun accessible when you need it. Or it anchors you to the driver's seat while you decide the situation requires a pistol. Your options become moving and leaving it behind, or handling it and introducing it in to a situation where its not needed, escalating it beyond where it might have gone.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Looks clean and easy to get to. Just an idea though, but wouldn't it be safer to someone mount it to the ceiling or something? Maybe not as easy to draw, but it would be out of the way

So it can fall on you in an accident? Or you can waive it around in the windows every time you get in to and out of the car?

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I prefer to just keep a second in the vehicle, and leave my carry gun in its holster on my belt. Actually, here recently I have been running around with two truck guns. One for personal protection, the other intended for varmint duty. Have had a rash of chickens and turkeys turn up missing, and the local coyote population has been lingering around more lately. 38 Spl is OK for <10 yards and two legged critters, but for those longer shots, I prefer to send the lead express, and keep the Model 66 under the seat for those times.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    We are taking a trip to KY next week and I will carry on my belt and a separate carry with a DeSantis Kingston car seat holster. I've thought of doing the mount you did on the side of the center console also using a separate gun. I use a Gum Creek rig in the Ford Explorer.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I just leave mine in the holster, but I can see where it may be good to have it off the body. For me, every time I get in, the seatbelt blocks access to my gun.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Would be good to have when you can't take your gun to work or you have to make a stop at kill zones like a school or courthouse.

Top Bottom