Porter County

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Im curious to see if our president tweets something about this.

If he does people will condemn him for it. If he doesn't people will condemn him for it.

Pretty much true, regardless of President, or affiliation.
    He (or she) could cure cancer, and people from the other party would make the claim the President was trying to put doctors out of business.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Exactly.

Every time I see someone go out and murder strangers on a rampage like this, I wonder, "If this person just couldn't take it anymore, doesn't that person know some ****heads that really need killing? "

Lashing out against random strangers is an action that only satisfies the blood lust of the attacker.

yup.
    But that only seemed to happen in "Without Remorse" by Tom Clancy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Funny they hardly ever investigate the murder of a white male Christian as a hate crime. Go figgure.

I'd be interested for you to show me what instance of Christian White Male being murdered, and the charge leveled against the murderer, lacked the hate crime enhancement, where it would've been valid to use. Or an investigation where it should have been investigated as such.

Kut (doesn't think you have followed hate crime trends)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Syl, you are one of my favorite folk, but please list some love or even like crimes so I can understand your thinking.

It's not "my thinking".A hate crime is something clearly defined by the FBI.

A hate crime is a traditional offense like murder, arson, or vandalism with an added element of bias. For the purposes of collecting statistics, the FBI has defined a hate crime as a “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, or gender identity.” Hate itself is not a crime—and the FBI is mindful of protecting freedom of speech and other civil liberties.

It doesn't mean there's no hate in crimes that are not considered a hate crime.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Incident in Paris.

2048x1536-fit_voiture-fonce-vehicule-gendarmerie-lundi-19-juin.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The idea of "hate crime" is foreign to me. I can see considering a mindset as a mitigating or contributing factor in the disposition of a case but to make it an actual charged crime in itself is absurd.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Are you saying this because you have looked, or because the above is what you thing?

I remember something about a statement made by Eric Holder during the time leading up to the vote on the hate crime bill where Holder made the statement that the hate bill is not intended to protect everyone, or even the majority, but was intended to protect historically oppressed minorities. I don't have time to verify that statement, but if that's true, or even if that is the prevailing sentiment in enforcing hate crimes, I would think not many minorities would be charged with it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I remember something about a statement made by Eric Holder during the time leading up to the vote on the hate crime bill where Holder made the statement that the hate bill is not intended to protect everyone, or even the majority, but was intended to protect historically oppressed minorities. I don't have time to verify that statement, but if that's true, or even if that is the prevailing sentiment in enforcing hate crimes, I would think not many minorities would be charged with it.

Well, white are charges with hate crimes at a lower rate than their percentage of the population.... ergo.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    On the Finsbury Park van attack, news sources reporting the arrested is Darren Osborne, from Cardiff.

He does not appear to have been on any bat-biting watch lists, or any other watch list for that matter.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I'd be interested for you to show me what instance of Christian White Male being murdered, and the charge leveled against the murderer, lacked the hate crime enhancement, where it would've been valid to use. Or an investigation where it should have been investigated as such.

Kut (doesn't think you have followed hate crime trends)

No I can not, because it would never be valid.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom