51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Feb. 20: 8-5 CST
    Feb. 21 9-3 CST

Dunes Rifle & Pistol Club Gun Show
    Valparaiso Porter County Expo Center
    215 E. Division Rd.
    $6 adults, kids under 12 free with adult.

---
    Anyone ever been? It's not a 1500 I know but compared to the Crown Point better? Worse? Bigger? Smaller?

Also GhostOfWinter is looking into a possible NWI Meet & Eat for the 20th. Anyone else interested? Times, locations?

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    It's better because it's bigger. I'm not expecting much of a price difference, just more a chance to find the hidden treasure. Unfortunately, they only have the Valpo show about twice a year, so make it count. A co-worker lives 2 minutes from the Crown Point show and hasn't gone in 6 months, he'll be attending the Valpo show.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Dont matter to me, I am going to be there on Saturday to pick up some gear from 21st, might as well eat while I am there. I dont know of any pro/anti gun locations over there, but I am at the fridays alot, and I can talk to the managers there if anyone is interested in that.

Clif

bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    My personal opinion is the Valpo show is much bigger. I think there are better deals because there are more people there in regards to vendors and customers. For what ever reason...it seems like they get more of a quality vendor...I prefer the Valpo show over the Crown Point show. I think they over book the Crown Point shows...SSDD

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Friday's sounds good to me......

Greg

Oh do we have to see Clif45 again. :D

Whats the address for the Friday's?
    Time to pull out the old google map app and start plotting my "road trip" cause we will be leaving NWI (since this is in Valpo beyond the seed of CORRUPTION of EC/Hammond/Gary ) that I tend to deal with. :laugh:

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    81 Silhavy Road, Valparaiso, IN‎ - (219) 462-0302‎

Its right in front of menards on 2 (lincolnway) and right before 49 if you are heading east. Easy access, but the parking lot there sucks. BUT there is a big parking lot next door that they share. If i had seen this earlier I could have asked when I was there. Either way, I will ask Wednesday at lunch. How many people should I expect to be seating? If its small, we could go to the bar, or if its more we can sit in the dining area next to the bar.

You can sit somewhere else then... Im a big guy, so it will be hard to not see me.

one more

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well I have to work on the 20th so can not make it for a grocery loading. Planning on heading over on Sunday. See if anything good is still waiting for me to pick it up! :yesway:
    The Valpo show is a good size show but it depends on what you are looking for. You could go to Indy and not find it, then go to Nappanee and find one!!!!!:yesway:
    But if you do not go you will never know! :)

one more

floatch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    It's definitely bigger than the Crown Point show, better chance of finding a deal, in my opinion. I'll be going Saturday. Maybe see if I can find a deal on a Maxpedition pack, some G19 mags, perhaps something else if it catches my eye.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    We might want to make an OFFICIAL post in the event section so that the "NWI readers" that don't post much see it. I already spammed the NWI group but I know some don't read the boards that often.

Dawall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lake County
    It seems there is less flea market items as the Crown Point show, But You never know. At twice a year I won't miss it.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I have another activity that may start meeting on Saturdays if this weather keeps cancelling our weekday meetings, but I'll come up if not otherwise spoken for.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Well fellas, Due to Ivy Tech and Purdue closing for the day I wont be out to valpo, unless I go later tonight. I will probably be there tomorrow, so I should find something out. If anything else, I will have an answer Monday afternoon.

Does anyone know a time yet? I can see if they can get us set up, and tell them a time later if I need to.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    A team player who drive up their today and find out you know.
    Keep us posted.

Back in my days old Purdue never closed for now sissy snow!

As for time I figured eat first and then go to teh show to walk off the food. =)
    Would 11 (before the food rush) be good? Or 11:30 perhaps??

Top Bottom