Not open for further replies.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    It isn't political lines, it is tribal

Those that trust/believe the government and those that do not. Those divisions cross political lines
    Any trust I had in the government has disappeared, and it didn’t start with the coronavirus thing. Watching all the stuff that the various individuals in the government and in the bureaucracy got away with over the past, I don’t know, 25-30 years and everyone who retires from “ public service” as millionaires has kind of proven that serving constituents has nothing to do with anything.

It’s a giant Ponzi scheme where they launder taxpayer money, lining their pockets in the meantime. And, with the right connections, you can get away with anything up to and including murder. They pay lip service to “the people”, but do everything in their power to make life unbearable for us but luxurious for them.

The whole lot of the federal (and most state/local) governments need to be ridden out on a rail, tar and feathers trailing behind.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Got a text from my brother. He just spent 3 1/2 days in hospital with pneumonia associated with Covid. Got remdesivir treatment.

He was unvaccinated and said, had he known how bad he was going to get, and seeing the number of people in the hospital (Fresno Calif) who were waiting for beds, he would have gotten the vaccine.

20/20 hindsight.

ymmv

And if he had gotten the vax, and STILL gotten covid?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    And if he had gotten the vax, and STILL gotten covid?

I dunno. I got the vaccine and had the symptoms along with a group of neighbors. My symptoms were mild (if you consider....never mind....mild).

So, as I said, ymmv.

He said he wouldn't wish this on anyone. He's 60. I'm 71.

A man is gonna do what he believes to be the best for him.

Good luck.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I dunno. I got the vaccine and had the symptoms along with a group of neighbors. My symptoms were mild (if you consider....never mind....mild).

So, as I said, ymmv.

He said he wouldn't wish this on anyone. He's 60. I'm 71.

A man is gonna do what he believes to be the best for him.

Good luck.
    I understand.
    And, I have no problem with any that get, or don't get, the vax.
    I have problems with it looking like things are going to be REQUIRED.

Also, the reason I asked the previous question, because I know many that got the virus.
    Some vax'd. Some didn't.
    Results varied across BOTH.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Another article referencing that AL doc who refuses to treat the unvaxxed:

It's sickening to see some of the posts, but the last post and closing paragraph are great. It's sets a huge problematic precedent if doctors start refusing patients for any reason, especially something as stupid as the WuFlu vax. The person posting about the doc protecting himself and his patients is full of :poop: since being unvaxxed isn't a danger to anyone but the individual in question. Some people have lost their minds over this insanity... :rolleyes:

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Another article referencing that AL doc who refuses to treat the unvaxxed:

It's sickening to see some of the posts, but the last post and closing paragraph are great. It's sets a huge problematic precedent if doctors start refusing patients for any reason, especially something as stupid as the WuFlu vax. The person posting about the doc protecting himself and his patients is full of :poop: since being unvaxxed isn't a danger to anyone but the individual in question. Some people have lost their minds over this insanity... :rolleyes:
    I’ll tell you a really bothers me about this whole movement is that doctors and medics treated the Taliban/ Iraqi insurgents and our other enemies for years. if they were wounded they got treated but now doctors can refuse to treat over vaccine status?

it’s “do I have to bake the cake” all over again. And I’ll be honest I really don’t care which side you fall on of the issue. the only thing that’s important is that we (as a society’s) set a rule of “yes you have to bake the cake” or “no you don’t have to bake the cakeand we stick with it for all issues.

tude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    ohio
    My mother used to get the flu vax yearly. She always got the flu afterward and the dr. told her it would have been worse without the vax or she had the bug before she got the shot. Ten years ago she quit getting the flu vax and she hasn't had the flu since. A friend of mine always gets the pneumonia vax, every year he is hospitalized for pneumonia. This past spring I got the shingles vacine, and you guessed it, i got the shingles.

Everyone uses their past experiences and the information they collect to try to make the best decision for them. No one should be allowed to force us to make what we think is a bad decision for ourselves.

Another friend harps at everyone to take the covid vax. So I asked him what did he tell people that always harped on him to quite smoking, killing himself and everyone around him?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My mother used to get the flu vax yearly. She always got the flu afterward and the dr. told her it would have been worse without the vax or she had the bug before she got the shot. Ten years ago she quit getting the flu vax and she hasn't had the flu since.
    Same but I'm at the 20yr+ mark

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom