Not open for further replies.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

IUH bragging about liquidating employees at the same time as they're cutting off surgeries due to not having staff.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis

IUH bragging about liquidating employees at the same time as they're cutting off surgeries due to not having staff.
    What In the actual f**k

this is illogical

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Ah, thought it was "one of those people" who'd rather see the country burn than have to put up with more mean tweets... :rolleyes:
    Yes, there's lots of them, but I think I replied to a cynical comment about the vax mandate at IUH because, frankly, I've been kind of worried about that since they started all this stuff. She's still on 3 MRI's a year and really likes her brain cancer doctor at the Neuro center. It'd be hard on her to have to change, but she doesn't want to get the inoculation because of all the meds she's on. So, wait and see, I guess...

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    So, does turning away the unwashed as patients come next?
    It's already happening. It will start quietly, with cutting them off from follow-up calls and not giving them test results. Then appointments will be canceled. Then they'll put out a statement announcing that they will not be refusing service to unvaccinated people. Then a week later they will announce that all unvaccinated people are barred from the premises and from all services.

The sheep will cheer and the state government will do nothing.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    It's Leftists being Leftists. My manager said the COO newsletter that managers get said that we're financially doing very well, except for the money we have to spend to find more nurses... :n00b:
    Leftist?

That sentiment sounds like the most capitalist thing ever. Exactly how is an executive newsletter griping about the bottom line "leftist?"

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    What In the actual f**k

this is illogical
    The story says 300 workers now, not 1000.

"The hospital system instituted a Sept. 1 deadline for workers to get vaccinated. On Thursday afternoon, the system said 97% of workers complied with the mandate and that fewer than 300 workers have been suspended.

The system has around 36,000 employees."

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The story says 300 workers now, not 1000.

"The hospital system instituted a Sept. 1 deadline for workers to get vaccinated. On Thursday afternoon, the system said 97% of workers complied with the mandate and that fewer than 300 workers have been suspended.

The system has around 36,000 employees."
    Then their math is off. 3% of 36,000 is a little over 1,000.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    It would be interesting to know how many exemptions IUH gave out. The facebook group looked to have a ton of people get exemptions. Many had their exemption rejected but then immediately approved once an appeal was filed. It looked like they were giving out virtually no medical exemptions, mostly religious only getting approved.

I'm guessing the 300 didn't follow through with the exemption process. Unfortunately IUH stated approved exemptions were only good for 2021 so people will have to file again next year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom