• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    You have roughly a 3% chance of being diagnosed with cancer in any given year and a lifetime 1 in 3 chance of that diagnosis

Yet you are scared of an illness with an extremely low chance of hospitalization or death caused by a virus that is never going away

Do you do everything that science says you should to mitigate your chances of developing with cancer?

If not, you are indeed the one being controlled ... by your fear
    I do actually avoid things that are known to cause cancer or other serious disease, if I can. Rarely drink alcohol, don't smoke, don't listen to bluegrass, etc. I know it's impossible to avoid all danger and still live a full life, but I do what I can.

I'm not "scared" of Covid. But to me, the vaccination is a reasonable precaution against the disease. My brother works in healthcare, and he went through Covid. After 5 days in the hospital (thankfully no vent), he'll be the first to tell you that it's not "jUsT a bAd fLu."

The vaccine is not perfect, but the current numbers show that the unvaccinated are WAY more likely to wind up in the hospital than those who have been vaccinated.

Do you carry a gun because you are "scared," or as a reasonable means of protection against a threat?

You want to talk fear? Seems to be a lot of people scared of the vaccine, even after millions of Americans have been vaccinated without issue. I'm not the one living in fear of a worldwide conspiracy.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    The alternative is to believe that it's all a worldwide conspiracy to control people. You tell me who the nutter is.
    I don’t think that. Well, I do a little, not really “control” just seeing what they can get by with. The reason I’m not getting it is because it’s not even been out a year yet, I’m 34 and in good health, so my chances of dying are less than my chances of having life long side effects from the vaccine. In 5 years we may discover it causes cancer, or Parkinson’s, whatever. It just isn’t worth the risk to me for a virus I’m statistically going to be fine from.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I don’t think that. Well, I do a little, not really “control” just seeing what they can get by with. The reason I’m not getting it is because it’s not even been out a year yet, I’m 34 and in good health, so my chances of dying are less than my chances of having life long side effects from the vaccine. In 5 years we may discover it causes cancer, or Parkinson’s, whatever. It just isn’t worth the risk to me for a virus I’m statistically going to be fine from.
    You wear a gun everywhere. How do using a gun for self defense statistics compare to your virus statistics?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    You wear a gun everywhere. How do using a gun for self defense statistics compare to your virus statistics?
    Good question.

I’m in full control of my gun. I can’t control what a vaccine does to my body. If you’re wanting a closer comparison, it would be the likelihood of needing either one. How likely is it to need to use my weapon for self defense vs how likely is it I’ll need the vaccine to fight the virus. That would mean we have to take to account the odds of becoming infected in the first place. Then, from there, the odds of hospitalization for my age/health, then from there the odds of dying once hospitalized.

I’ll carry my weapon relaxed and unvaxxed :)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

If you want to know why people so aggressively disagree with pushing the vaccine, here is what pushing vaccines so heavily has resulted in.

It's nice that it's an option. Vaccines in general are a miracle.
    But once you start panicking everyone into thinking it's for the greater good, you've created a monster that needs to be put down.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The vaccine is not perfect, but the current numbers show that the unvaccinated are WAY more likely to wind up in the hospital than those who have been vaccinated. You want to talk fear? Seems to be a lot of people scared of the vaccine, even after millions of Americans have been vaccinated without issue. I'm not the one living in fear of a worldwide conspiracy.

The core issue here is that the long term side effects are a complete unknown. You do not need a degree to raise the question of "could this cause a significant reduction in quality of life 5 years down the line?"

And there's not a single person on earth who can answer that question positively.

These 'vaccines' are a relatively new technology that wasn't taken all that seriously until Trump threw massive amounts of funding and attention towards them. It's very limited scope gene therapy. What is injected will program cells to make the necessary spike-proteins.

We've always talked about the concerns of genetic manipulation and unintended consequences down the road. This isn't a new trend and plenty of people who wall paper their homes in degrees have said as much.

You're drilling down on short term risks for some reason, and I don't think many people against the vaccine are even talking about the short term.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    For me it’s the propaganda machine has intentionally ignored the previously infected and their immunity in this whole thing. They still want to force everyone to have a vax. If I’ve had it, am not in the risk age range and “the science” is showing repeatedly that my immunity is better and longer lasting than the vax then what benefit do I have to chance something that has caused strokes(family history of those for me already) and blood clots(another family history issue)?

in my case the vax is actually MORE potential harm than the chance that I’ll get reinfected

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The study that was posted as "ending the debate" did come to the conclusion that a vaccination after having had the disease provides additional protection. I posted the study conclusion, as I knew that maybe 2 people would actually read the study.

So I guess the debate is over?

No debate is over. Define additional protection. Stop posting links from Progressive drivel sites masquerading as news articles. I'm shocked you didn't take anything directly from CNN, but the sources used are just as bad. For every article you push showing whatever your side is, I can post something showing something else. As pretty much everyone else here has said, if you want the vax, take the vax, but leave me to my own choice. Since my not taking it causes zero harm to anyone else, why all the butthurt from the Left? If you can't see this whole thing as an unacceptable loss of Liberty over a disease that most people who get it survive, you're past the point of rational discussion on the topic.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    View attachment 155543

Ends what debate? I haven't seen much discussion on protection afforded by natural immunity vs vaccine. Most of the back and forth has been unvaccinated vs vaccinated, not those previously infected. Natural immunity should outperform vaccines with regards to protection. Still not volunteering to go around licking doorknobs.

By the way, how are the unvaccinated doing vs the vaccinated?

View attachment 155539

Complete chart:

A few things, from that study "We conducted a further sub-analysis, compelling the single-dose vaccine to be administered after the positive RT-PCR test. This subset represented 81% of the previously-infected-and-vaccinated study group. When performing this analysis, we found a similar, though not significant, trend of decreased risk of reinfection, with an OR of 0.68 (95% CI, 0.38 to 1.21, P-value=0.188)" Notice the not significant part. Also while the study was pretty large 28,000+ in this model, there were only 60 that tested positive and less than 40 that were symptomatic. I'll take that with a grain of salt.

For the vax vs unvax, that chart is for the entire time from when the vaccines became available till now. So yes the unvaxxed will be much higher, since at the start few people were eligible let alone actually were or were able to get the shot.

Also what is it with you and some others on this site with licking doorknobs? Is this something you make/made a habit of? I've never done it and don't believe I've ever seen someone lick a doorknob, so I have to assume it's from your own personal experience.

"When he first felt symptoms on July 26, his wife told the Standard-Times, he refused to get tested or seek medical care. He instead began treating himself with a cocktail of Vitamin C, zinc, aspirin and ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug that has been falsely promoted as an effective treatment for COVID-19 by conservative media. He was taken to the hospital on July 30."
    I've read a couple of articles on this, one thing I noticed was not included. And that was if he was vaxxed or not. I'm just guessing here but from the way the news has been pushing the vax and pointing out how many of the unvaxxed are being hospitalized and/or dying, not to mention every article I've seen on him emphasized that he was against the closures and mask mandates. I'm going he was vaxxed.
    Actually in the "anecdote" that I posted, the patient did treat himself early on with Ivermectin, along with Vitamin C, aspirin and zinc. Fair point that he may have sourced the Ivermectin from a legitimate doctor, but that's doubtful, given the context of the rest of the information.

Still, it didn't work. So...
    Well from another article "Caleb instead began taking tablets of ivermectin" and since the stuff from rural king is either paste or I believe injection (they also have topical but that's definitely not a tablet) I'm guessing it was prescribed.

And for the "Still, it didn't work. So..."

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    In some ways much of the debated aspects of the reset, the bank bug and the jabs really should be over seeing as they were discussed years in advance of deployment.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The core issue here is that the long term side effects are a complete unknown. You do not need a degree to raise the question of "could this cause a significant reduction in quality of life 5 years down the line?"

And there's not a single person on earth who can answer that question positively.

These 'vaccines' are a relatively new technology that wasn't taken all that seriously until Trump threw massive amounts of funding and attention towards them. It's very limited scope gene therapy. What is injected will program cells to make the necessary spike-proteins.

We've always talked about the concerns of genetic manipulation and unintended consequences down the road. This isn't a new trend and plenty of people who wall paper their homes in degrees have said as much.

You're drilling down on short term risks for some reason, and I don't think many people against the vaccine are even talking about the short term.
    Ya just gotta trust that TPTB are super concerned for our personal well-being and truly are looking out for our best interests when we’re apparently unable to. Ignore all of the conflicting data, deaths or serious complications caused by the vaccines, the hyper inflated numbers of deaths attributed to the virus and the disturbing fanaticism some have when it comes to forcing other people to do what they’ve (supposedly) done themselves.

Just relax man, it’ll be alright, just chill out and let people inject you with whatever makes them feel better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom