VA screws veterans...fatally....again. At least they didn't burn a flag.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    A fatal wait: Veterans languish and die on a VA hospital's secret list - CNN.com

At least 40 U.S. veterans died waiting for appointments at the Phoenix Veterans Affairs Health Care system, many of whom were placed on a secret waiting list.
    The secret list was part of an elaborate scheme designed by Veterans Affairs managers in Phoenix who were trying to hide that 1,400 to 1,600 sick veterans were forced to wait months to see a doctor, according to a recently retired top VA doctor and several high-level sources.

There you go, folks. What veterans have been telling you for decades. The VA is inept, poorly resourced, and often does a terrible job of taking care of veterans. Dealing with the VA hospital in Louisville was a Byzantine nightmare, the waiting rooms were standing room only, the staff was surly (most likely due to the conditions they were working with), and its just effing maddening that our so called veteran's organizations like the American Legion are silent about this but spent millions of dollars trying to put in place a flag burning amendment.

The VA owes me a knee. I'll likely just end up getting it on the private side instead of dealing with that rat's nest of ineptitude and apathy again.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I guess that's your opinion. I have had excellent treatment from the Roudebush Center here in Indy!

Perhaps you're just a crabby old man?

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    VA facilities should be closed and the Vets allowed to go to the nearest public hospital.

And where are unemployed, or under-employed, veterans are supposed to get the money to pay for treatment at a non-VA hospital? I had gall bladder surgery last August, and a civilian hospital. However, I am retired and on Social Security and Medicare. Luckily I also have a Medicare Supplement insurance policy that pays what Medicare doesn't pay. My having the surgery locally and paying for it with my insurance policies, in effect, freed up over $30,000 that the VA could use for another Veteran.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    I guess that's your opinion. I have had excellent treatment from the Roudebush Center here in Indy!

I agree with you Manatee. I have visited several different departments at Roudebush, and have also gotten really good treatment and advice. All the meds I take come from their pharmacy at no cost to me. But for emergencies and the like, I do go to my local hospital because they are closer.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    And where are unemployed, or under-employed, veterans are supposed to get the money to pay for treatment at a non-VA hospital? I had gall bladder surgery last August, and a civilian hospital. However, I am retired and on Social Security and Medicare. Luckily I also have a Medicare Supplement insurance policy that pays what Medicare doesn't pay. My having the surgery locally and paying for it with my insurance policies, in effect, freed up over $30,000 that the VA could use for another Veteran.

According to the article they didn't use for another vet. Luckily, as you stated, you had other insurance.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I agree with you Manatee. I have visited several different departments at Roudebush, and have also gotten really good treatment and advice. All the meds I take come from their pharmacy at no cost to me. But for emergencies and the like, I do go to my local hospital because they are closer.

I always appreciate hearing from non-Vets about what we ought to do with the VA. They generally have no idea about traumatic injury suffered in a war zone. Oh sure, they'll yell "hoorah" about sending out troops somewhere to kick ass, but don't want to pay for the damage after the battle is over.

Stuff it, you sunshine patriots!

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I always appreciate hearing from non-Vets about what we ought to do with the VA. They generally have no idea about traumatic injury suffered in a war zone. Oh sure, they'll yell "hoorah" about sending out troops somewhere to kick ass, but don't want to pay for the damage after the battle is over.

Stuff it, you sunshine patriots!

I am a combat vet and you still owe me an apology for calling me a Manatee.:)

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Who said I was talking to you, Doofus? You weren't the OP. The world does not revolve around you and not everything is about you.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Indiana has two things going for it for vets who are disabled as a result of their participation in the US sanctioned war games: Roudebush and Property Tax abatement.

You know about the first. Did you know about the latter?

You wingnuts can continue to take your moronic stands on issues that "real" people have to deal with day in / day out. And what you end up with is looking exactly like morons when you support people like Bundy, et al.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Indiana has two things going for it for vets who are disabled as a result of their participation in the US sanctioned war games: Roudebush and Property Tax abatement.

You know about the first. Did you know about the latter?

You wingnuts can continue to take your moronic stands on issues that "real" people have to deal with day in / day out. And what you end up with is looking exactly like morons when you support people like Bundy, et al.

Obamacare for all!!!:rockwoot:

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    See? That's just idiotic. It has nothing to do with the subject. You fall back on tired ideas and slogans. You expect people to listen to you? To respect your opinion?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Who said I was talking to you, Doofus? You weren't the OP. The world does not revolve around you and not everything is about you.

I am the OP of the thread. I'm a vet. Who exactly were you talking to?

I'm glad you've had good experiences with Indy's VA. Truly, I am. I wouldn't wish Louisville's VA on anyone.

Top Bottom