• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Filed in Texas State Court in Bexar, Texas . . .

Uvalde families have sued FedEx because they shipped the rifle ordered from Daniel Defense to the gun store where the shooter picked it up. They're suing UPS (in the same filing) for shipping some sort of legal trigger assembly that was found in the shooter's home. Their claim is the shipping companies didn't verify the recipient wouldn't use them to shoot up a school. The goal should be obvious. If UPS and FedEx can be forced to quit shipping any firearms or firearm components, it shuts down the entire industry and effectively disarms America.

YouTube video by Jared Yanis has some quick details in the this latest lawfare being used.
    I expect others will be making videos very soon.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Filed in Texas State Court in Bexar, Texas . . .

Uvalde families have sued FedEx because they shipped the rifle ordered from Daniel Defense to the gun store where the shooter picked it up. They're suing UPS (in the same filing) for shipping some sort of legal trigger assembly that was found in the shooter's home. Their claim is the shipping companies didn't verify the recipient wouldn't use them to shoot up a school. The goal should be obvious. If UPS and FedEx can be forced to quit shipping any firearms or firearm components, it shuts down the entire industry and effectively disarms America.

YouTube video by Jared Yanis has some quick details in the this latest lawfare being used.
    I expect others will be making videos very soon.

I'm starting to lose the sympathy I once had for these families.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    With that being said, I have seen situations where predatory anti-2A lawyers and activists groups will use victim families like mascots, and will often use their names in ways that the family is unaware of or apathetic to. These groups in some sense leech off the families in order to make money and further an agenda. Not saying this is the case in this situation, though.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    With that being said, I have seen situations where predatory anti-2A lawyers and activists groups will use victim families like mascots, and will often use their names in ways that the family is unaware of or apathetic to. These groups in some sense leech off the families in order to make money and further an agenda. Not saying this is the case in this situation, though.
    *cough* Ben Crump *cough*

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Been quietly saying for years that the entirety of American access to new production firearms rides on two private corporations, UPS and FedEx. Two companies which can be infiltrated, bought, bullied, threatened, and controlled without a single democratic vote ever taking place. All it takes is money, a billionaire in your pocket.

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Let's carry this out ad absurdum... Suppose a drunk driver kills someone after leaving a bar. Can the family of the deceased sue the beverage distributors that delivered to the bar? Because that's exactly the same scenario as this bogus lawsuit.
    I don't know why they couldn't. Look what happened in the cigarette/tobacco lawsuits years back. Anything and everything "bad" can be used to sue someone.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Let's carry this out ad absurdum... Suppose a drunk driver kills someone after leaving a bar. Can the family of the deceased sue the beverage distributors that delivered to the bar? Because that's exactly the same scenario as this bogus lawsuit.
    Nope. Sue GM and Ford into oblivion...

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    In addition to the Lawfare against all firearms and the entire industry, they're suing in state court over a transaction that involved interstate commerce shipping across state lines. I'm surmising that one of the first moves by FedEx and UPS will be motions for Summary Judgement stating the State Court doesn't have jurisdiction over Interstate Commerce.

Just a random thought that popped into my head this evening -- along with the next lawsuit will be against the ammunition manufacturer.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    In addition to the Lawfare against all firearms and the entire industry, they're suing in state court over a transaction that involved interstate commerce shipping across state lines. I'm surmising that one of the first moves by FedEx and UPS will be motions for Summary Judgement stating the State Court doesn't have jurisdiction over Interstate Commerce.

Just a random thought that popped into my head this evening -- along with the next lawsuit will be against the ammunition manufacturer.
    Interstate commerce gets used by Congress to stick their nose into everything, so would be great to see it come into play here and get this thing handled.

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I'm starting to lose the sympathy I once had for these families.
    I have sympathy for the families who lost their children...shouldn't happen to anyone!
    Suing the shipper (FedEx / UPS) for LEGALLY shipping a firearm from a manufacturer to a LICENSED FFL, is absolutely a 'blame-game' by the attorneys who filed this suite...FedEx or UPS probably never even knew the name of the individual who actually purchased the firearm!
    IMO, a lot of the responsibility lies with the local law enforcement agency (the shooter's actions not withstanding), who allowed the situation to continue for as long as it did!

Last edited:

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    So they want to sue FedEx, UPS, the manufacturers, and the gunshop for obeying every law, code, regulation, and rule while engaging in a completely lawful pursuit, because they couldn't collectively predict the future.
    Alright..... fine.
    Maybe the parents should be countersued for sending their children to that school, thereby directly endangering their lives.
    After all, it's such a simple exercise to foresee when a third party will engage in harmful felonious actions (according to the parents theory) .
    They certainly knew they were sending their offspring to their death, showing gross negligence, at best, and murderous intent, at worst.

Screw 'em.

Top Bottom