• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    THAT, folks, is how it's done.... I might have to look into real estate prices there or Wyoming. Granted - given the history of the state, they WILL NOT disarm. That just won't happen.

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    The good old boys in Utah got it right. I hope they have the conviction to stand behind it and the huevos to act if necessary.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    THAT is a thing of beauty. A polite and cordial letter that spells out the circumstance of the time and politely slams the door in the last paragraph. God bless those folks and may he stand by each of them individually and collectively as their need arises.

They deserve to have Uncle Ted write a song about them. :rockwoot:

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Folks - consider the history of Utah and their reasoning becomes much more clear. They were driven from the then borders of the United States by force of arms. As a group. They established their own territory in land that no one wanted. The Feds sent armies out there to enforce various laws. They met them in the mountains, ready to fight it out, and leave scorched earth - and nothing else - behind in the event they lost.

The main religion in the area teaches preparedness ("prepping" if you will...) as a way of life and has for more than a century. It also teaches that the Constitution is divinely inspired and to be given the UTMOST respect. Read their letter again and you can hear this...

The sheriffs would not make this strong of a statement if they didn't KNOW that the PEOPLE were behind them. The people of Utah (and Idaho and Wyoming) may do many things. Disarming is NOT on that list. While Yamamoto's quote about "every blade of grass" is suspect, Washington DC would be very unwise to underestimate the will of the people in that particular area of the country. It's in the culture and heritage and fabric of the people. The sheriffs out there know this - and their letter reflects that knowledge.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Since I too have sworn such an oath, which has no end date, I especially love the last sentence of the last paragraph. The line appears to have been drawn in Utah.

Top Bottom