• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Utah Senator Mike Lee Introduces Bill to Deregulate Firearm Suppressors <<< LINK

Senator Mike Lee (R-UT) introduced the Silencers Helping Us Save Hearing (SHUSH) Act yesterday, a legislative proposal aimed at reducing federal regulation of firearm suppressors. The bill is designed to simplify the purchase process for law-abiding citizens and eliminate bureaucratic hurdles. Senate cosponsors include Senators Rick Scott (R-FL), Marsha Blackburn (R-TN), and John Cornyn (R-TX).

Europe, that bastion of gun-freedom, is way ahead of us in this area.
    Guys don't forget to write, call, email Mr Lee and give him encouragement, then write our congress critters and tell them to sign on and help pass this bill.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I dunno, there is a compromise that comes to mind.

We get Siliencers, AOW, and short barreled anything removed off the NFA, the Huges amendment repealed
    They get the Federal government to legalize Marijuana...

That's a win for freedom all around, but I'm not sure why some freedom is an "us" issue and other freedoms are a "them" issue. You should be able to go to any gas station and grab a suppressor, Glock switch, some fentanyl, and a prostitute on the way out without a single law being broken.

Last edited:

nickc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    We've been seeing a lot of suppressors come thru our business, I feel like companies are ramping production. We see 3rd parties and do contract work, so not sure which manufacturers they are. Just know they are suppressors for mostly .45 and 9mm

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    If one is against this they are for double taxation? The involuntary contributions are paid AFTER tax. So the workers paid tax on the contributions and pay tax when they get it back. SS was not taxed until Regan and Greenspan worked it up and got it passed.
    I'm pretty sure that is incorrect, at least if you are referring to federal income tax. It's been a couple of months since I've filed taxes but I'm pretty sure that SS withholding was subtracted from gross income and not part of the net taxable income.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Don't forget the bills passed in the House to repeal Obamacare during the last bit of Obama's administration (when they had no chance of getting the POTUS signature), and then during the first 2 years of Trump's administration - nothing.

Top Bottom