• ...and so much more!
  • Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    You can call them to verify receipt of the paperwork

I called and was told 50-60 days. Did get it in about 55.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    If it has been more than 60 days from your card being charged/check cashed by UT BCI, I would call & ask them, (801) 965-4445. They have always been helpful & pleasant when I've talked to them.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Any reason you guys all have a Utah LTCH?

It allows 8 states above the Indiana LTCH.

Ohio, Minnesota, West Virginia, Virginia being the most important to me. I'm going to be applying for mine soon because my Father is tired of me telling him I'm not going to Hamvention because I can't carry in Ohio.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    is the utah license lifetime or does it need to be renewed?

how much is it total?

I believe it is a 5 year license. They do require you to provide proof of your "firearms familiarity course certified by the Bureau" completion. Should be noted that their renewal charge is only 10$ per 5 years.... pretty solid deal if you ask me.

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/documents/ccwapp_008.pdf

I personally am tentatively planning on attending the July 15th course here in Indy discussed in the thread below.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...rmit_course_-_june_26th_-_indy_-_99_95_a.html

So weird, these silly Mormons in Utah have a " No firearms in Church " law.

A person licensed to carry a concealed firearm may not knowingly and intentionally transport a firearm into a house of worship

Last edited:

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I'm gonna do the Utah permit training in a few weeks when I have time away from business, looks like its a 4 hour class for $99 plus the cost of the license

Dignitary Protection Group, LLC (DPG) - Training

utah_states_DPG.jpg

Last edited:

Bucko

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Indy South
    I'm gonna do the Utah permit training in a few weeks when I have time away from business, looks like its a 4 hour class for $99 plus the cost of the license

I took the class through DPG, and would recommend going through them. Was 4 hours on a Thursday evening, with a lot of good, like minded people.

I was told that 45-60 days after your payment method is accepted you can expect to see your Utah permit.

KyColonel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    I took the class through DPG, and would recommend going through them.

That was my experience as well. If you're contemplating getting a Utah CFP, the DPG course is well worth the investment of time and money.

I was told that 45-60 days after your payment method is accepted you can expect to see your Utah permit.
    I took the class on July 16th and dropped the completed paperwork in the mail on July 17th. BCI charged my credit card on July 22nd. My permit was issued on August 30th and arrived in the mail today. By my count that's 42 days from when the clock started running. BCI probably reckons it as even less than that. In any event, my CFP got here at least a week sooner than I was expecting it. They had a pretty healthy backlog this time last year, but it appears to have been cleared now.

Top Bottom