• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I am a little confused about the Utah permit. I keep seeing it mentioned, but know little about it and would like to know what the advantages of having one of those would be over the privileges afforded by an Indiana lifetime permit to carry. It was mentioned that one more state recognizes the Utah permit over Indiana's. Is that the only advantage of having one. About the only states that I visit are Michigan, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and Florida and have read that they are all reciprical with Indiana with only minor differences in requirements. Would a Utah permit be of any benefit to me? Thank you.

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    chraland51,

With the states that you have listed, no. But with a UT CFP you would be able to carry legallly in OH, WV, and VA (also a few others), if you ever had to travel through those states....

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.

Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...

Perfection: is not a goal-- it's an demanded expectation.

car06281

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    Near Richmond
    Utah thing

Some states that used to are no longer recognizing Utah's CC permit. I think that trend will continue and I think you will see the same with FL's permit.

KyColonel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Utah CFP

Some states that used to are no longer recognizing Utah's CC permit. I think that trend will continue and I think you will see the same with FL's permit.

In the past year, or a little more, Nevada (7/1/09) and New Mexico (4/25/10) have dropped recognition of the Utah CFP. West Virginia (7/10/09) and Nebraska (8/31/09) have added the Utah permit to the list of non-resident permits that they honor. That sounds more like a wash to me than a trend away from recognizing Utah's CFP. A summary of changes affecting the Utah CFP, including changes in the states that do/do not recognize it, is available at the end of the following document:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/utah.pdf

Last edited:

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    FYI, i was in gander mountain in Indy the other day and they are going to be holding a session on the Utah permit. cant remember the date off hand, but im sure they will be happy to give you the info over the phone.

Top Bottom