• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    As of right now I am putting this out there as a feeler. Myself and another member here are discussing putting together a Utah CCW permit class that would be held north of Ft. Wayne sometime probably around April. We have been in contact with several instructors that would be willing to come and teach the class.

The information we have compiled so for is the cost will be in the range of $100.00 and will be either 4 or 6 hours depending on which instructor we pick. This class is required to obtain a Utah permit but you do not receive your permit by just taking this class, you then are eligible to apply to Utah for the permit at a cost of $ 65.25 which is good for 5 years than a $10.00
    renewal after that. At this point I am not sure what day of the week it will be but we will shoot for a Saturday.

As I said in the beginning I am only trying to see how much interest there would be for this and I will add that neither one of us has any vested interest in doing this, we are just trying to put this together for the benefit of the members here and some of the people we know around this area.

If you are interested in being involved in this just post " I am interested"
    and I will start a list of people and as things start to come together I will post more information in the next few weeks. Saying you are interested is only to gauge interest in this and once we have a idea of how many are interested we will proceed with trying to put this together.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Already have mine class was well worth it ..

I would recommend contacting (if you haven't already) Jim floyd with dignetary protection group ..

A sight supporter and advertiser on here ...

I went to his class , VERY VERY well informed , good guy , class was about 4 hours ..
    :yesway::yesway::yesway::twocents::patriot:

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    Already have mine class was well worth it ..

I would recommend contacting (if you haven't already) Jim floyd with dignetary protection group ..

A sight supporter and advertiser on here ...

I went to his class , VERY VERY well informed , good guy , class was about 4 hours ..
    :yesway::yesway::yesway::twocents::patriot:

This is one of the people we are tlking to.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Another member and I were looking into doing the same thing. How far north of Ft. Wayne were you planning? My buddy and I are wanting to take this class asap and would love to get one in the Fort Wayne area. Please keep us posted on how this is looking.
    I had another thread about this and it looks like there is a decent number of people in the area that want to do this.

agentcox000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    I am VERY interested. I'm up near Angola and this is the closest one I've found. Hope it all comes together.

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    mikBump

I will add that we have had a pretty good response locally and this will be held in Garrett In. which is about 20 miles north of Ft. Wayne.

If you are interested in participating in the class please try to post
    "im interested" within the next week or so, we would like to start firming up the plans for this.

NosmoKing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    I can't say enough good things about the lads from Dignitary Protection Group. Their training is top notch.

I initially took a Utah course from a different instructor in Indiana a few years ago. Was bored to death. The guy had absolutely zero personality and really didn't seem to know what he was doing.

Like a dummy I didn't get my paperwork filed with Utah within the prescribed period so I had to take the class again. At the urging of a friend, I attended the DPG Utah class. Wow, what a difference. I actually stayed awake during the entire class and learned some stuff this time around. That's pretty tough to say for a cocky, know-it-all like me. :)

And yes, I got my paperwork sent off this time and got my Utah permit a few months ago.

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    After several weeks of working on putting this together we have set a date and have a location secured. I am adding a link to Jim Floyds site with registration info. You can register for the class through this link. The class will be held at the American Legion in Garrett In. which is about 20 miles north of Ft. Wayne, about 4 blocks west of Coldwater rd. ( just south of Garrett, Coldwater rd. turns in to Randolph st.). If you need any additional info on this please PM me and I will be glad help anyway I can.

This will be held on March 6th

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/566063110

Last edited:
    Top Bottom