• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Atlanta Conservation Club will be hosting a USPSA "type" match for 22lr pistols only Sunday August 30. I will post more specific details soon.

Why? Low ammo cost, give new shooters a chance to check it out, bring over some steel shooters to USPSA and mainly because it will be fun.

No belt, mag pouches, or holster required. Start will be from low ready or a table / barrel top. Reloads will be made from barrel or table top. Activators will be manual or step activated (no steel to knock down).

All you need is a 22 pistol and 3 or 4 magazines. There will be two divisions. Iron sites will be separated from optic sites.

Setup: 8:00 AM
    Shooters' Meeting: 9:45 AM YOU MUST BE AT THE SHOOTER’S MEETING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE MATCH.
    Match starts immediately following shooters' meeting

RULES: Current USPSA pistol rules - refer to United States Practical Shooting Association

NOTE: All matches at AtlantaCC are conducted under a COLD RANGE as per USPSA rules. That means all guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated

Atlanta Conservation Club
    29595 Leonard Road
    Atlanta, Indiana 46031

Directions:
    At the intersection of US 31 and 296th Street, turn east. You should see Lisa’s Pie Shop on the east side of 31 at this intersection. Continue driving east on 296th Street for 6 miles. You should cross highway 19. 1 mile after crossing highway 19 you should will come to the intersection of Leonard Road and 296th Street. Atlanta Conservation Club is located at the South East corner of Leonard Road and 296th Street.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    The official match announcement with fees, divisions etc.

Bring your 22lr pistol/revolver and a new shooter and shoot a USPSA type match this Sunday at ACC www.atlantacc.net

Set-up is at 8:00 am, Registration at 9, Shooters meeting at 9:45. First shot immediately after the meeting.

YOU MUST ATTEND THE SHOOTERS/SAFETY MEETING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE MATCH.
    Sign-in will close at the start of the Shooters meeting.

Your help with setup is greatly appreciated. Please help tear down your last stage.

RULES: Current USPSA pistol rules - refer to http://www.uspsa.org/

WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS:
    22lr pistols ONLY. No holsters required, no mag pouches required.
    Start positions will be from low ready or from table or barrel.
    All reloads will be from table or barrel.
    All divisions 10 round limit in magazines.
    Divisions:
    Production = 22 pistol with iron sights
    Limited = 22 conversions (glocks, 1911s whatever) with iron sights
    Open = 22 with optical sights

NOTE: NO revolvers, NO suppressed pistols

MATCH FEES:
    NEW shooter (never shot USPSA at ACC) $10
    Bring a new shooter (never shot USPSA at ACC) get $5 discount.
    $20 per shooter.
    RO’s and Setup Crew half price.
    The minimum fee for any shooter is $10.

There will be 5 stages. Round count is approximately 125.

NOTE: All matches at AtlantaCC are conducted under a COLD RANGE as per USPSA rules. That means all guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas! Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

For location and our full calendar of events check out our website at www.atlantacc.net.

Last edited:

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    This is going to be a blast and the weather looks like it will be perfect. I hope in the futere the powers that be can do a 2-gun 22r,22p..

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I am VERY happy to see that this idea is being supported and I hope everything goes well. Sadly, I recently moved to Pittsburgh so I cannot attend. If in Indiana, I would cancel my plans in order to attend this match, I think this is a nitch with HUGE potential.

This post is solely to express my support for the "USPSA 22" idea. I hope it catches on and grows.

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    Can someone explain how the scoring works? The only thing I have shot is FNS and it all for speed of you hits. This seems to be speed and where you hit the target? or am I wrong.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The total points on the targets for the stage is divided by the time it took to achieve those hits. The number that you get is called the hit factor, which is loosely points scored per second. The highest hit factor on the stage is the stage winner.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    so as long as you hit the target and not in black (or not hit area) it count as a good hit?

Black areas on the target would be a miss. You must also hit the target inside the perf that surrounds the target. There are four scoring zones. Hitting inside the A zone is worth five points, the B and C zones score four points and the D zone scored 2 points. The better you hit the better your score.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    One thing I was asked to emphasize is that this is NOT a USPSA match. It is a match using USPSA style targets, scoring and courses of fire. USPSA does not have a rimfire division. There will be no classifier. USPSA isnt against this, we just need to be careful not to start the rumor mill that USPSA now has a rimfire division. (maybe they will see the potential and run with it in the future)

It is going to be a lot of fun and will give new shooters a less expensive way to see how much fun USPSA can be.

Hope to see you there with a new shooter.

a zone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    The weather looks perfect. The stages are set. Be ready to run and gun. But you better be able to shoot weak hand as well. We are hoping for a fun match. Hope to see you all there.

Thanks Mark for your announcemet. Computer skills must be a nice thing to have.

MIKE

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    The match was great..I hope this becomes a regular event. I think this is the first time I spent more on the entry fee than the ammo. Thanks Mike for a fun shoot(2-gun:rockwoot::rockwoot:)

a zone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    Thanks to everyone who came out for the match. It was a hoot. Sorry some of you missed it.
    I think I can say for sure we will do this type of match again. Everyone wants a two gun match now. 22 pistol and rifle. That does sound interesting. I will find a time and let you know.

Mike

SlowPlay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Lafayette
    I had a good time. Although I didn't shoot well,it was fun,with very good stages,well run and extra safe,(nothing wrong with any of that). I think alot of shooters missed a good match!

a zone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    I had a good time. Although I didn't shoot well,it was fun,with very good stages,well run and extra safe,(nothing wrong with any of that). I think alot of shooters missed a good match!

I am glad you had a good time. That was really what we were hoping for. We worked hard to put together stages that would push an experienced shooter but comfortable for anyone to complete. Safety is job one.

We hoped to have some folks who had never shot a match like this to give it a try. And to some extent we had that. No juniors though that was a disappointment for me.

We will do it again. It is too much shooting fun, to pass up.

MIKE

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    We have at least one convert! My wife is all excited about shooting more USPSA now! Looks like we get to go pistol shopping... this could not have worked out better.

Now the rest of you get your spouses, friends and kids out to the next one!

a zone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    We have at least one convert! My wife is all excited about shooting more USPSA now! Looks like we get to go pistol shopping... this could not have worked out better.

I knew it. Your lovely bride took to this game you could see it in her eyes. Just remember you can borrow an XD from your dad. So be sure to show her the really nice 9mm 1911's and whatever else you have always wanted. And if she finds she really doesn't like them. Well you can always borrow an XD from your dad.......

All my wife would have to do is look at a couple of guns I have a lust for and she would be the proud owner of them in a NY minute....

MIKE

Top Bottom