• sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    DO YOU PARTICIPATE IN USPSA MATCHES?
    DO YOU WANT TO GET BETTER SCORES?
    DO YOU WANT TO LEARN HOW TO SHAVE SECONDS OFF YOUR TIMES?
    DO YOU WANT TO LEARN HOW TO SHOOT THAT "DAM STAR"?
    DO YOU WANT TO LEARN HOW TO SHOOT ACCURATELY ON THE MOVE?
    DO YOU WANT TO LEARN TO MAKE 1 SECOND DRAWS?
    TAKE MY CLASS AND I WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO DO ALL THIS AND MORE.
    PRIVATE CLASSES, 1 ON 1, WITH THE ONLY GRAND MASTER IN INDIANA.
    1 ON 1 IS MUCH MORE PRODUCTIVE THAN GROUP TRAINING
    I GIVE CLASSES MOST ANY DAY OF THE WEEK EXCEPT SUNDAY( ALWAYS SHOOING A MATCH SOMEWHERE ON SUNDAY)AT MY CLUB RANGE IN FREETOWN IN.
    COST IS $100 FOR A 4 HOUR CLASS. YOU WILL NEED 300-400 RDS FOR THE CLASS. MAKE YOUR RESERVATION NOW WHILE I STILL HAVE OPENINGS.
    MAX BEDWELL 812 522 2405 CELL 812 528 9044 dbedwell02@comcast.net

Last edited:

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    AAR with Max

Max and I were finally able to get a time that I could meet him and I am glad we did.

Before I get into the class, just a word of advice: Don't trust a GPS to get you to County Seat Fish and Game Club!!! A trust map is what I will be using from now on.

First of all I have to tell you that Max is one helluva guy. Not only is a great shooter and instructor he is very personable, friendly and encouraging...all signs of a good instructor.

The training was geared toward USPSA style shooting, which was fine with me.

He started me out on some simple shooting to see where I stood. I told him that when I switched from a 1911-style gun to a Glock I started pushing my shots to the left. They were consistent, just not centered. He made some recommendations and presto, I started pulling my shots back to center.

We then moved to multiple targets, calling shots, snapping to targets, and a little trigger work although I had been concentrating on learning the Glock trigger for a while, so I was pretty OK with it.

Max had me build upon each thing that he had me run through previously. By the end of the session I was extremely happy at the accuracy and speed at which I was able to engage multiple targets including moving ones and shooting on the move. It was very fun but everything we did was for learning something useful.

I highly recommend that anyone who wants to increase their skill in handgun shooting set some time up with Max. It was by far the best $100 I've spent.

sv40sw45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    South Indiana
    Ok Guys and Gals, it is time to start getting your training dates reserved for 2013. The shooting season will be starting soon and my schedule will be filling up also, so get in touch with me soon. Max

mattdennis3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    Lebanon
    I was able to spend the day today on the range with Max and I am really glad I did. Max is a very friendly and personable guy who wants nothing more than you to succeed.

The day started with a baseline check to see what he was dealing with, which in my case is a slow, inaccurate shooter who doesn't like watching his sights. Once he got an idea of what he had to work with, he immediately started offering great advice that was easy to understand and implement. Getting improvements out of me was slow but steady all day. Max was always quick to spot any problems I had and offer a fix. He allows you to go at your pace and concentrate on the areas you need to work on.

The day ended with me running a 32rd field course like I knew what I was doing. OK. Thats a bit of a stretch. I've got a long list of things to work on, but I definitely saw and felt improvement from start to finish. Its great spending time on the range with someone watching over you, helping you to be your best. Max is a great teacher and a personable guy. It's people like him that make this sport great and make me want to come out and participate.

All in all it was the best $100 I've spent on anything to do with this sport.

Helpful note to future students, be ready (and willing) to learn. And bring a notebook. You're going to need a place to put your list things to work on.

Thank you Max. Your time and help are greatly appreciated.

RKF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2012
    Carmel, Indiana
    Best training for the money I have found

Hi all,

I just had to add my endorsement of Max, his facility and his methods. I spent the day with him today and was amazed at my improvement in such a short time. We spent some time on the basics (he adjusted my grip a little with great results) and then moved quickly into shooting multiple targets, moving targets and shooting on the move. Max also pulled everything together at the end to give me a personalized training program to work on.

This is the best value for live fire training I have found! Don't underestimate the value of one on one training. I've done the 'big name" courses and I always learn something. However this is the most fun I have had in a long time.

I only hope Max doesn't get too busy because I would like to do this several times in the next few months.

Top Bottom