• Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    USPSA "Newbie Match"!!

This course is designed for people who are new to USPSA competition. We will be shooting 2-4 stages as time allows. There will be instruction and coaching given for each stage and individual feed back to the shooters as well. USPSA rules will be in effect and so this will be run as a COLD RANGE. If you have been looking to get into USPSA competition this is the place to do it. Class is limited to 20 shooters first come first served.

• What: USPSA match for new shooters (5 total matches or less, and shooters must be unclassified)
    • When: Monday November 23, 2015
    • Parabellum, Avon, Indiana
    • Start Time: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
    • Instructor: Aron Bright, USPSA Master Class shooter
    • Cost: $30 per person

Limited to 20 shooters

Registration and pay link: http://www.parabellumfirearms.com/index.html

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Hope to have the registration and pay link up on the Parabellum site in a day or two. Will post in the OP when it happens.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    This sounds awesome. As someone that has ZERO experience in competitive shooting, what would be the minimum amount of gear required to compete? How many rounds would one likely go through?

Thank you

Pharaoh

Plinker
    May 14, 2015
    Indianapolis
    This sounds awesome. As someone that has ZERO experience in competitive shooting, what would be the minimum amount of gear required to compete? How many rounds would one likely go through?

Thank you

Depends on what you plan on shooting really.

For a 9mm with ~15rd mag: Gun, holster, 3 mags (min), Mag pouches for all mags, a good belt, 120rds of ammo, hearing protection, & eye protection.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Round 2 of questions. My wife promptly asked why she wasn't invited. Question 1: if she doesn't want to shoot, is there enough room and is it possible to see the action if she wanted to spectate only?
    Question 2: if she decides to shoot, can we use the same gear? Or is it possible we would be going at the same time?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Round 2 of questions. My wife promptly asked why she wasn't invited. Question 1: if she doesn't want to shoot, is there enough room and is it possible to see the action if she wanted to spectate only?
    Question 2: if she decides to shoot, can we use the same gear? Or is it possible we would be going at the same time?

Spectators are welcome at normal matches. But not at this as it is more instruction and a little less match. Spectators would be getting the same info as the paying customers and that is not okay. Sharing equipment is problematic at best and not advised.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Depends on what you plan on shooting really.

For a 9mm with ~15rd mag: Gun, holster, 3 mags (min), Mag pouches for all mags, a good belt, 120rds of ammo, hearing protection, & eye protection.

Bingo

LastShot123

Marksman
    Jan 31, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Exactly what I've been looking for! Thanks for putting this on, will definitely be signing up. I will be using 9mm or 45, but is this open to rim fire as well if my wife wanted to use her 22?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

You should do this, my friend. Or your lovely wife should, with your gun.

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    You do not need to join USPSA to shoot this match or any local/club level match. USPSA wants you to try it and see if you like it.

USPSA requires 9mm or larger caliber. Since this is designed to be introduction to USPSA we will abide by the rulebook and go 9mm or larger only.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

The range rents guns.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Please sign up and pay online. So we know how many to expect.

Top Bottom