• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I hate sounding like a total noob, but I recently attended a USPSA match and I can understand only part of what was going on.

Is there a glossary of terms used during a match for the uneducated? Maybe some of the veterans can post a sticky for commonly used terms during a match. I was most lost during the score calling after someone was done shooting.
    I couldn't find the USPSA for Dummies thread!!:D

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    Fixer, there are a couple people who teach USPSA from the Noob to Highly Skilled. I've attended Coach's USPSA training league. He has classes at the Atlanta CC north of Indy. If I could start all over again I would contact Coach and get some training. I believe there is training this month, July 21 at Atlanta CC.

BROBERTS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Warsaw IN.
    I guessing you were at Warsaw. Ask the people in your squad and the RO's for starters. Ask me before the match and if I don't have time to talk at the moment I will find someone that can. I believe that goes for any match that I go too.

Now that you got your first match in so you know what questions to ask.

I think Coach has a class coming up that Joe was talking about.

I know I didn't know much when I started in this sport. Helping out at a club is a great way to learn!! Your from Fort Wayne so ask Matt or Corey and fwaps.org or us at Warsaw.

Welcome to the club!! Brent

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I have been getting into this as well. I will say there were some decent vids on YouTube about scoring and classes and such.

Also midget do you drive around ft. Wayne with your avatar logo as a sticker on your truck?

ptt811

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, IN
    I too Vote for Coaches class, its a great way to try USPSA without signing up and shooting a match. That can be intimidating to a lot of people. I have taken several of Coaches classes and have never been disappointed. If you think you want to try to Shoot USPSA.... Take the class, you will be happy you did !

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    The class sounds great. I have a prior commitment on Saturdays until the end of august though. I was looking at the rules and that was helpful. I am thinking I will probably jump in head first and try a match sometime. If there is a class on Sunday or a little closer I would definatly consider it to. Thanks for all the help.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I have been getting into this as well. I will say there were some decent vids on YouTube about scoring and classes and such.

Also midget do you drive around ft. Wayne with your avatar logo as a sticker on your truck?

I do drive around Fort Wayne with my truck, but I don't have that logo on the back of it lol....

I also took Coach's class. It is a great way to learn how to stratagize! :)

BROBERTS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Warsaw IN.
    I am thinking I will probably jump in head first and try a match sometime

Atlanta Indiana on the 22nd. 2 hours south from Warsaw. We will be there. Might be able to get in the same squad and show you some stuff as we go.

There will not be a local match on the August 12 at Warsaw because we are hosting the USPSA State match that weekend. I think 270 or so are signed up for it so far. Should be well over 300 buy match day.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I do drive around Fort Wayne with my truck, but I don't have that logo on the back of it lol....

I also took Coach's class. It is a great way to learn how to stratagize! :)

Well someone does!

Are the thursday shoots at Ft Wayne open to non-members of the range? and how late are you guys usually there?

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Atlanta Indiana on the 22nd. 2 hours south from Warsaw. We will be there. Might be able to get in the same squad and show you some stuff as we go.

There will not be a local match on the August 12 at Warsaw because we are hosting the USPSA State match that weekend. I think 270 or so are signed up for it so far. Should be well over 300 buy match day.
    I might be able to make that. I will have to see. Is there info on the shoot online. Would need all the help I could get!

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Well someone does!

Are the thursday shoots at Ft Wayne open to non-members of the range? and how late are you guys usually there?

They are open to non-members. And we are generally there till 7:30/8:00. Right now they have been suspended due to the damage FWRR received during the storm....

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    When will they have a practice day? How much would it cost, amount of ammo needed, etc.

It will probably be a week or two before we can start it up again. We have to reset our berm's eye brows...

It costs 5$ per session or 50$ for the year.

You can shoot as much or as little as you want, but I normally bring around 100 rounds of ammo.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Are the USPSA targets the same as the IPSC targets?

No, ipsc uses:
    ipsc-cl.jpg

USPSA uses:
    ipsc-cb.jpg

and
    ipsc-cl.jpg

Top Bottom