• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just dont care much about winning anything. Any one who plans or expects to win anything significant is either already sponsored or delusional. These sports just dont pay out, we shoot for the love of it. It sure is nice to get a lil something here and there, but IMO if we ever net more than $500 worth of stuff in a lifetime of matches, we probably did way better than average.
    Never been sponsored, but have been delusional......
    I am shooting a limited gun that was built with all parts used from contingency wins. It is nice to have a $2k gun that I only have $450 in labor to put it together. It is all from winning my class at area matches.

I like the look of the shirt and will get one

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Then I would say that you were one of those that did way better than average.

I was shooting B class in L10 and Limited......

my dad just this year won C class open at Area 3 and earned $350 in contingency money.

There were 10 people from the Indiana Section this year that won $200 in contingency money.

Being able to have the STI logo on the back of a shirt is very important to alot of competitors.

mwmccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Seymour
    I just hope I'll get as good as these shirts will make me look. Very professional design and i never thought i would get the opportunity to look as good as the pro's.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I just hope I'll get as good as these shirts will make me look. Very professional design and i never thought i would get the opportunity to look as good as the pro's.

One of the things I noticed at the State match this year was the number of 'clubs' of guys that all bought shirts and shoot together. They were all just having a blast shooting together and having a good time.

Thought that was pretty cool and reminded me a bunch of this crew.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Hey JT. Is this something that we will be able to order later on without a hassle. Guess Im asking will they keep this design or will we have to got through all this again. Say If one or two people want to order 4 months from now is that cool or is this just a one time order? And was she still going to present another idea or is that a no go?

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    Good morning to everyone. In reading the last 17 pages of this post I have read a lot of ideas.
    The intital impression I got was to have a shirt that represented (Indiana Shooters / United) not our firearms of choice in an effort to win prizes or money. Yes that is great and Yes we all want to represent our pride in arms.

I may be wrong in what I am reading as in page 1 it was a simple unified design to represent "Indiana" and the respective clubs.

IF we wanted to (later or at time of order have our arms logo put on / with certain permissions) we could.

As I have the day off today I have been playing with the shirt and logos.
    It is a quick, design off of what JT has presented which I think is pretty freaking awsome!!!! :rockwoot:

My interpretation from the threads minus arms logos is:

1. Hoosier Shooters, As Bill D says! "IT SINGS" and it does.
    2. Each respective club logo below the state crest that we regularly shoot who has a logo present on their sight. (If they wish not to be added it does not have to be installed. Of a couple who didn't have a logo I made a simple logo for show only.

This is what I came up with. Thoughts / Ideas / Suggestions?

IndianaShirts.jpg

mwmccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Seymour
    I like the addition of the range/club logos, but sorry, I think the "hoosier shooters" addition is uneccesary. At least the way it is presented, maybe it's the font IDK. Maybe if it was more subdued.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    It kinda feels like this is getting beaten to death and I fear that whoever originated this idea is gonna get irritated and junk the whole idea. It dont matter much to me, but personally I like HICKMANs latest edition, without the club or INGO logos. just my opinion and not trying to ruffle feathers....

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    Mike,
    No feathers ruffled here by any means. I love JT's Idea! Everyone wants this, that& the other for personalized attire.
    My thought was on state, club, and Organization unity.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Yeah, this is gonna be kept simple and plain.

Those that want logos can work that out when we put the order in.

At this point, light or dark, whichever has the most votes at come midnight Saturday gets it.

After that, I start taking size orders and work on finalizing this with Sue so we get a number of shirt and find out the price and get these ordered and processed.

Again, this is for those who just want a nice snazzy shirt. I didn't go with t-shirts because we all have plenty of them

Keep voting and lets put this to bed.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Here is the 3rd option mentioned, plus a msg from Sue.

indiana3.png

Hi JT,
    Here’s the other idea I had in mind. I think we should limit the number of individual choice logos to the right front. That way a lot of extra time isn’t spent in production. Joe can handle adding logos to blank areas when he makes up the print files, but prefers a group’s logos remain in the same location and size for the group. If they want to add a logo or two, please ask that it be something we already have in vector. If not, it would need to be converted and they’d be on the hook for the conversion (usually $25).
    I feel for the guys that want STI contingent, but unless everyone wants to go red/white/black, it won’t work. I guess they could change into their Indiana shirt for the awards if they don’t win their class or wear the Indiana shirt when they get there early and are checking out the stages.
    I also understand that guys are apprehensive about dark colored shirts, but maybe they’ll like this one. The new fabric is quite lightweight and comfortable.
    Let me know what you think.

Sue Irish
    TechwearUSA

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    Ok! I am totally digging #3! I liked the other two but feel the torch and stars were a little overkill being in 3 locations.
    I love the twighlight design and think it sets off the stars in the Indiana logo.

+1 for #3

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    so it looks like we're back to light and dark, the stary one looks like it will be in pain for them to do.

Would everyone like to proceed with the Dark since it has the next most votes?

Shirts will be $85 a piece, should we just get on with the ordering?

Top Bottom