• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    IDPA does. Active LEO may compete with their duty gear (in uniform?).

They dont mind LEO doing LEO stuff. They do apparently have a problem with LARPers.
    Yes in idpa you can use duty gear, and no you don’t have to be in uniform

Last edited:

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    IDPA does. Active LEO may compete with their duty gear (in uniform?).

They dont mind LEO doing LEO stuff. They do apparently have a problem with LARPers.

I see it
    8.8.2.1 The duty holster must be a strong side belt or thigh holster with at least one retention feature.

Rules are rules. You wanna shoot your thigh or sweep yourself I'm good with it. Just leave me out of it please.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    I see it
    8.8.2.1 The duty holster must be a strong side belt or thigh holster with at least one retention feature.

Rules are rules. You wanna shoot your thigh or sweep yourself I'm good with it. Just leave me out of it please.
    Don’t the appendix guys sweep themselves every draw???? Not that those are allowed either

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I see it

Don’t the appendix guys sweep themselves every draw???? Not that those are allowed either
    Then why even bring it up?
    Appendix carry was allowed in idpa starting in 2022, and you can sweep yourself below the waist on your draw, any other time is a dq!, idpa also said if your club didn’t allow appendix draws, then your match could “ban” it at your matches. Our club left it up to the match director, our director decided to not take chances and banned it at our idpa matches.

In November (2023) he approached the board and asked to have the “ban” lifted, after a year and a half, he (or I) haven’t heard of any one shooting themselves, I was actually asked by another board member how I felt about it, Initially I was against it, but that I had changed my opinion on it and I was ok with allowing it, it’s not really popular for competition, last year I worked a tier 3 match (135 competitors) and I saw 1 person appendix carry.

In idpa I’ll still continue to use my p320 legion in a owb comptac holster, but I’ll continue to carry my p365 in a appendix holster!

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Correctly done there is nothing wrong with AIWB or pocket carry for the trained shooter. But as a SO/RO it is very hard to watch the presentation and re holstering of the competitor as we have a varied skill set in the squad.

I am puzzled though as IDPA does not allow an AOWB holster with a cover garment. Seems funny that a 3 o’clock plastic bucket that is 3 inches from belly fat is allowed but not in front?

See you on the range

Trapper

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you don’t want to converse you are free to not post right?
    Pump the brakes.

The only reason to bring up something like that when you apparently thought it didn’t apply is to be confrontational and argumentative for the sake of the argument.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Pump the brakes.

The only reason to bring up something like that when you apparently thought it didn’t apply is to be confrontational and argumentative for the sake of the argument.
    Nope it’s called conversation with folks I know. Perhaps you need to “pump the brakes” moderator.
    In fact I learned it is applicable so it wasn’t for nothings even though it triggered you for some reason

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Nope it’s called conversation with folks I know. Perhaps you need to “pump the brakes” moderator.
    In fact I learned it is applicable so it wasn’t for nothings even though it triggered you for some reason
    At the time you thought it wasn’t allowed. So finding out later doesn’t doesn’t change facts at the time you posted.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    At the time you thought it wasn’t allowed.
    Did he need purple?

I learned something from the responses to his comment.
    You're assuming you know his intent. I didn't get the bad vibe you did.

longbeard

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    United States
    Correctly done there is nothing wrong with AIWB or pocket carry for the trained shooter. But as a SO/RO it is very hard to watch the presentation and re holstering of the competitor as we have a varied skill set in the squad.

I am puzzled though as IDPA does not allow an AOWB holster with a cover garment. Seems funny that a 3 o’clock plastic bucket that is 3 inches from belly fat is allowed but not in front?

See you on the range

Trapper
    You might see me on the range, but if I see you with an AOWB I'm pretending I don't know you.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Did he need purple?

I learned something from the responses to his comment.

You're assuming you know his intent. I didn't get the bad vibe you did.
    Thanks guys, I was just conversing and really thought that appendix carry wasn’t allowed so yeah learned something too. My RO cert expired in 2017 so maybe a bit out of date.

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    Yo Longbeard, when are the USPSA matches at ACC starting up? I've been shooting IDPA for a few years just because of local availability. I'm in warsaw, seems if I'm willing to drive an hour and a half, I can catch a local IDPA match every single weekend when the weather's right, but doesn't seem that way with USPSA, I can't seem to ever find a match, I catch maybe 1 a year.

I'm a big Stoeger fan just because of his training materials but I've always applied it to IDPA(the cover garment isn't a big deal fellas. Dry fire until it's not a factor.) Ironically, his feud with the board has me wanting to try USPSA, for real though, not just casually shoot a match, game plan a whole season of it
    USPSA in fort wayne and north porter county. Rumored to be coming back to Warsaw

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    He was just talking some s**t in response to me. Just havin some fun til the weather breaks and we can do it in person.:shoot:
    My bad.

As a mod when somebody posts something argumentative like that and it is irrelevant based on their own admission, we have to question their motives.

And when the offender doubles down and starts becoming even MORE argumentative when questioned, it further makes us wonder about the poster's intent as to whether they are truly in it for the discussion, or are simply trying to shake things up and be a problem.

That's where the disconnect was.

Thanks for the clarification Longbeard.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    My bad.

As a mod when somebody posts something argumentative like that and it is irrelevant based on their own admission, we have to question their motives.

And when the offender doubles down and starts becoming even MORE argumentative when questioned, it further makes us wonder about the poster's intent as to whether they are truly in it for the discussion, or are simply trying to shake things up and be a problem.

That's where the disconnect was.

Thanks for the clarification Longbeard.
    Thanks for not locking the thread!

I started this thread as a complaint about the way USPSA is being run, and has become a place where we’re discussing other other organizations, information is being discussed and misconceptions are being clarified and hopefully people are expanding their interests in other shooting organizations!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    OK, a few thoughts...

Things get heated in discussion forums. I've commented many times about how much context is lost in this kind of communication. I'll be kind and not post my views on group dynamics ;)

It is not easy to be a contributing member of the forum and be a staff member. Do you have any idea how many times I talked Churchmouse (for the newer folks: Churchmouse was a long-time Moderator and is still INGO's most prolific poster) down from quitting as a staff member? I don't either, I lost count.

Everyone on staff has a pretty high post count. We didn't get that way by not posting. I personally know 3 of the other 4 staff members, all 4 are people I want on my side. Nuff said.

Just to review: the crap the staff pulled around here in the pre-Churchmouse moderator days is long gone. We (staff members) were INGOers long before we were on staff, and we do post as INGOers not as some far-off group of overseers.

Well, it's 2145. I need to go through the classifieds and call it a day.

Top Bottom