• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So, they're going to have carriers still going out to potentially drive most of their route with a total postage amount in the vehicle substantially reduced.

Yes, but fewer stops, which mean over fewer hours. And since there's less overall mail, there's a potential for fewer trucks.

Don't forget the overall volume doesn't decrease (as a result of this decision), just the number of days. I would assume the volume would go up on Monday as a result of this.

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    The USPS delivery here is a joke. Changing the number of days a week that we get 'service' is not going to fix the USPS. For example.....Two days ago I got someone else's mail in my mailbox. I called to let them know, nad they half assed told me that they would get it fixed that day. Well 2 days later it still sits in my mail. This happens every few months and has been going on since I have lived here.

Now I wonder where my mail is going since I get my neighbors mail. With basic service issues how do they expect to break even.

papadog97

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Seems like it will make sense. Not much goes by mail any longer with the internet, etc. Hope it helps them out.

musicmonkey317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Sounds great. Hopefully it doesn't impact their employees too negatively. I've known quite a few good men who deliver mail. They work hard every day, rain or shine.

Maybe they should just charge more to deliver the junk mail. That's almost all we receive.

Top Bottom