• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Soldiers are no better and no worse than any other group of young men. The military does a lousy job training line troops on weapons safety, and a fantastic job of training that you are an invincible killing machine. Young impressionable men, who are already prone to thinking they are invincible, act as such. NDs aren't rare and can happen to anyone, so always be aware of what you are muzzling. That's whats important to remember.

I find the remark on soldier safety to be implausible and not supported by the evidence.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    This may be media hype due to the recent Ft Hood shooting, and subsequent push to allow military members to carry weapons on post. Its the lefts way of showing that even "highly trained members of the military" arent responsible enough to carry a weapon for self-defense.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I think it is interesting how quickly the MSM has dropped this to second page news. To be fair, there is the MH370 and school stabbing now to take up the headline spots, but once they determined it was an accident and had no political value in pushing the anti-gun agenda, this has become "old news."

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I find the remark on soldier safety to be implausible and not supported by the evidence.

The officers quoted in the articles found in plausible and supported by the evidence, and it jives with my own observations. Maybe they do things different now, but we were issued an M-16 before any safety briefing at all. I vividly remember recruits pointing rifles at each other and making "pew pew" noises, and not understanding why I was pissed off since 'its not loaded'.

When do we get to practice killing people?

When we stuck bayonets in dummies, when we shot Ivans, when we went to NTC and shot at OpFor with MILES...what were we training to do? Kill people. Its sort of a core competency.

I think it is interesting how quickly the MSM has dropped this to second page news.

Its now known to not be an active shooter, just another ND, so no one cares.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This may be media hype due to the recent Ft Hood shooting, and subsequent push to allow military members to carry weapons on post. Its the lefts way of showing that even "highly trained members of the military" arent responsible enough to carry a weapon for self-defense.

We all carried loaded weapons (no rounds in the chamber) while on base in Afghanistan. In fact you could get punished for not having your duty weapon on your person.

So why not carry? I think a lot of it is that the officers just do not want to have to deal with it. But it would make sense to at least have the officers and the NCOs carrying issued M9 (Beretta) or M11 (Sig) pistols as a badge of authority.

The leadership is a bit lazy thus unwilling to have troops carrying their duty weapons. And due to Clinton's EO we can not have personal weapons on base or in federal buildings. So just getting the leaders to have NCOs and officers armed (as a status symbol) would be a start.

The other thing is that if troops had to carry weapons daily, it would better prepare us for combat.

Top Bottom