• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Wasn't really to worried about the Y2K scare. I already owned alot of camping gear. Always had about a 30 - 45 days worth of food in the place, most of which could be cooked on my Coleman propane stove. I did put some water back in the closet just in case.

Now the weeks to follow Y2K I really got all kinds of deals on the 1# propane cylinders and other camping gear that people no longer wanted and couldn't take back to the store because they tossed their receipts.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My Y2K prepping, if you can call it that, consisted in taking my shotgun and spending the occasion with my mom and sister. The only concern on my mind was that we had spend a year and a half hyping a national full moon for everyone half a bubble off level. I was satisfied that if there were any serious potential problem it would have been kept much quieter--much in the same way that recognizing the signs of impending SHTF these days sets you apart as part of the fringe, not something that is being popularly embraced like Y2K.

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's funny. Just yesterday I saw a guy wearing a T-shirt that said...

"What Y2K problem? There ain't no computer chip in beer!"

I should have taken a picture.

As per the OP's question. I have a kerosene heater still new in the box that was purchased 12/99.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Now the weeks to follow Y2K I really got all kinds of deals on the 1# propane cylinders and other camping gear that people no longer wanted and couldn't take back to the store because they tossed their receipts.

Is it wrong of me to hope that more people start to freak out about the Mayan 2012 thing so I can get in on the above type deals in early 2013?

Top Bottom