• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • runavw

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have been looking at a used police Glock with three 17 round mags for 489.00 Not sure if this a good price. I have a line on a used .380 for about half. Not sure if the price is worth the Glock or not. its a .40 caliber. would be my first real side arm. thoughts?

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    Depending on your location, check out Bradis located in Camby just south of Indy. Friendly guys, quick service too. In my opinion, for just a very small amout of money you could have a brand NEW Glock at Bradis's price. Good luck with you decision :ingo:

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    If it's a police trade-in, probably not a huge amount of rounds through it UNLESS it's a SWAT gun, then be aware it's most likely seen several thousand rounds. Skip the .380. IMHO

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    First of all welcome to INGO!
    This price is close to a brand new Glock.
    Plus I would guess that a "used police Glock" would be even more used than your average gun.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    That doesn't sound like that good of price on a used Glock 22. You can buy a brand new Gen 4 at ZX for less than $20 more.
    ZX Gun

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have been looking at a used police Glock with three 17 round mags for 489.00 Not sure if this a good price. I have a line on a used .380 for about half. Not sure if the price is worth the Glock or not. its a .40 caliber. would be my first real side arm. thoughts?
    Is it a G17 or G22? If it has 17 round mags then it is a G17 which is 9mm. The G22 is the .40 and it should have 15 round mags.

489.00 for a used Glock is pretty high, I see them NIB for that price.
    I would shop around a bit and see what you can find. Nothing wrong with a used Glock, but I wouldn't pay 489.00 for used.

Also both the G17 and G22 are the full size models. If you are looking to carry, you could also look at the G19 or G23 models. Carrying the full size is plenty doable, but for many they prefer the compact models. Just my :twocents:
    Don't want you to get into something you are not completely happy with .

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    $489 is way to high for a used Glock.

Aim Surplus had police trade G22's for $379 a couple months ago, though they don't have any right now.

JCR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    For $489, does that by chance come with night sites? It believe the law enforcement pricing for Glocks with standard sites is in the area of $400...

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Even several thousand rounds through a Glock is just a good break-in. However some would suggest changing the spring. If it is gen 1 or 2 there were stories about the .40s going Kaboom. Some swear it never happened but I know a security guard who swears his boss had one blow up in his hand. The gen 3s and 4s don't have that supposed problem. Just google up glock gens 1,2,3,4 and there will be a few web sites with pictures so you can tell when gen you're looking at. Personally I think .40 is a fabulous caliber.

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well, everyone here has all ready told you that it is way too high. Though I have noticed the prices on them in the classifieds have been outrageous lately as well. This goes for a few other guns, come to think of it..

I will tell you that a G22 was my first gun purchase [got rid of it double quick, .40, yuck]. I bought a used one at Bradis and it was, I believe, $419 before tax. I had plenty of dough [stupidly thinking this would be the only gun I would need to buy:rolleyes:] And that was a Gen 3 bought about 2 years ago.

I got my G19 in what looked like unfired condition for $475 in a classifieds deal in the spring, and I felt that was even a bit high, but I sometimes get impatient..

Definitely do some shopping around.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    I bought a police trade-in Glock 22 in May as a truck gun from a dealer in CA through another forum for $370. It came with 3 15rd LE marked mags, case/manual and NS that still glow. It's been awhile since I looked at a new Glock but $469 use to be the standard price at ZX in Goshen. That being said $489 for a trade-in 22 or 17 in my opinion is a terrible deal. While the majority of trade-ins are in great shape internally they are almost always in poor cosmetic shape as they get carried so much, IMHO this really hurts the value.

vork08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    NWI
    Don't let the "Glocksters" snowball you, there are plenty of other makes and calibers out there great for CC. And I know plenty of people that use .380 as their choice. Heck, a .22 could get the job done. If you need all 15 rds, you're probably screwed anyways. What .380 were you looking at?

Top Bottom