• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I found the hit scene in the 3DC very disturbing. Of course that wasn't a real mailman, just a CIA operator. Which somehow is not that much better.

Of course these things would never happen in reality, so it's back to rainbows and unicorns. :koolaid:
    LOL, well, IF I ever see a CIA hitman disguised as a mailman in my neighborhood, I may get worried at that point (probably not)! :)

Since I personally know the two delivering now, outside of their jobs, I'm not too worried. But who knows? :tinfoil:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    It is part of the BLM mandate to enforce federal law, and AFAIK, LVMPD etc. didn't show up until a bunch of busy bodies showed up with guns

Is it? Can BLM ossifers enforce Treasury or USPS laws? Or more's the point, DO officers from various agencies enforce each other's laws? Seems the BLM page indicates that they enforce the law relevant to the BLM mandate.

Doesn't that kinda go against that specialized police with special knowledge argument you made a few posts back?

So BLM bit off more than it could chew and had to run to the State to back them up? Imagine if LV police or Clark Co. had told them there were no officers available. I guess they could have called in the US Park Service at that point.

Do you have any other examples of BLM-SWAT evicting folks? I would be curious to see if this really is in their job description.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Is it? Can BLM ossifers enforce Treasury or USPS laws? Or more's the point, DO officers from various agencies enforce each other's laws? Seems the BLM page indicates that they enforce the law relevant to the BLM mandate.

Doesn't that kinda go against that specialized police with special knowledge argument you made a few posts back?

So BLM bit off more than it could chew and had to run to the State to back them up? Imagine if LV police or Clark Co. had told them there were no officers available. I guess they could have called in the US Park Service at that point.

Do you have any other examples of BLM-SWAT evicting folks? I would be curious to see if this really is in their job description.

I don't even know what your asking here?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's not ok to call them a SWAT team, it's an insault to real SWAT teams.
    Okay. Fine. I won't call them a SWAT team. I'll just call them a hired band of mercinary thugs. Does that make what they're doing okay now?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Okay. Fine. I won't call them a SWAT team. I'll just call them a hired band of mercinary thugs. Does that make what they're doing okay now?

I don't understand why name calling has gotten so out of control on INGO. It's disgusting and I used to associate it with the left.

DOE's tactics seem heavy handed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't understand why name calling has gotten so out of control on INGO. It's disgusting and I used to associate it with the left.

DOE's tactics seem heavy handed.

If it's not a "real" swat team, but it carries out the kinds of raids like a "real" swat team would, what are they? Admittedly, using the term "mercenary" goes beyond its meaning. Another thing to think about, their heavy handed tactics weren't just "oops, we accidentally sent 200 armed agents to take care of a civil issue". The use of unreasonable force against the cattle ranchers had some intentional purpose.

This does not explain the .22lr situation...

No, it doesn't. People who didn't stock up on .22 before the last panic are now stocking up for the next one. At any cost, apparently.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    The DHS also does low cost or free training to state,county and city officers in Ga. The training includes patrol rifle class ect and are multi day high round count classes. The ammo is supplied by DHS free of charge. I do not know how many people take this training each year or how many rounds are fired per person. But I would bet it is a lot.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Remember, nothing the government has was "free."

original.0

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    so your saying they DID get a bill for the ammo from DHS?

DHS didn't get it for free. It doesn't matter who enjoys their subsidized handouts from that point on. It came with a cost to us and future generations.

Enjoy the gravy train before it crashes.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    DHS didn't get it for free. It doesn't matter who enjoys their subsidized handouts from that point on. It came with a cost to us and future generations.

Enjoy the gravy train before it crashes.

right, but the post said that local units of government received it at low/no cost

Top Bottom