• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    I have an idea, how about we stop having any more wars outside our borders until we pay for the ones we already have, and bring them to conclusion, AND take proper care of the families of the KIA, take care and properly re-hab and compensate the wounded and injured from our conflicts.

I'm sorry if I offend, but how about we quit giving free money to people who's only contribution to society is stealing oxygen from the rest of us and drawing an aid check every month. (there will be some exceptions but as see it contribute or do without)

Flame away.:twocents:

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    I have an idea, how about we stop having any more wars outside our borders until we pay for the ones we already have, and bring them to conclusion, AND take proper care of the families of the KIA, take care and properly re-hab and compensate the wounded and injured from our conflicts.

I'm sorry if I offend, but how about we quit giving free money to people who's only contribution to society is stealing oxygen from the rest of us and drawing an aid check every month. (there will be some exceptions but as see it contribute or do without)

Flame away.:twocents:

By the wars we already have, do you mean Iraq and Afghanistan? Or are you saying we should end those immediately too? I'm a little cornfuzed by your post.

futureofwar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bunker Hill
    This won't work hell say something about how cutting the funding is putting soldiers in jeopardy and make him self look good to all the blind American Idol watching fools that voted him in. Sorry if you watch AI but that show is soooo lame, besides you could be out shooting a gun or somethin:D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Congress waited too long if you ask me. The deadline came and went and BHO did nothing. I guess he was waiting on a clue from France or somebody to let him know what to do. About the only thing he has done right is allowing Spec Ops to hit UBL. Then they would'nt show the pictures to the rest of the country. Hell half the people don't believe he's an American citizen, you think we will take his word that they got Bin Laden? that's just crazy talk right there!

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana
    By the wars we already have, do you mean Iraq and Afghanistan? Or are you saying we should end those immediately too? I'm a little cornfuzed by your post.

Bring them to conclusion, have we ever defined victory?

I think Iraq should be able to stand on its own now or soon, I haven't been there since the last of 06. (they weren't ready then) And since Obama has been in I guess Iraq isn't really news now so we don't get beat over the head with every newscast.

As for A-stan have the powers that be then or now ever decided what our victory or logical conclusion should be?

Thats why I say bring them to conclusion, define what it is going to be, and get to it, and when complete, get out.

The politicians always half-ass policy and our military pays for it with blood.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Bring them to conclusion, have we ever defined victory?

I think Iraq should be able to stand on its own now or soon, I haven't been there since the last of 06. (they weren't ready then) And since Obama has been in I guess Iraq isn't really news now so we don't get beat over the head with every newscast.

As for A-stan have the powers that be then or now ever decided what our victory or logical conclusion should be?

Thats why I say bring them to conclusion, define what it is going to be, and get to it, and when complete, get out.

The politicians always half-ass policy and our military pays for it with blood.

Ok I wasn't sure what you were getting at there. I have to agree with getting them out, but I don't think we should wait for anything anybody else does. We should just leave. The war is a drastic failure due to the lives that have been lost, as well as the money that has been spent. I don't care what the mission was, at this point, it's not worth it anymore.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    War Powers Resolution of 1973, was directed at President Nixon and Vietnam. Congress passed the resolution, overriding Nixon’s veto. Clinton and George W. also had issues with the resolution. Basically, the Commander in Chief has 60-90 to wage war without the consent of Congress. Therefore, Obama still has a couple of weeks to “legally” conduct military operations in Libya.

This is all predicated on whether Obama feels the 1973 Resolution is even binding. Many on both sides question the resolution’s Constitutionality. As far as funding goes, this operation is probably being funded through existing operational moneys. There is then the question of our obligations to NATO and the United Nations. Not my area of expertise.

Bottom line, another political sword rattle from the Republican House.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    War Powers Resolution of 1973, was directed at President Nixon and Vietnam. Congress passed the resolution, overriding Nixon’s veto. Clinton and George W. also had issues with the resolution. Basically, the Commander in Chief has 60-90 to wage war without the consent of Congress. Therefore, Obama still has a couple of weeks to “legally” conduct military operations in Libya.

This is all predicated on whether Obama feels the 1973 Resolution is even binding. Many on both sides question the resolution’s Constitutionality. As far as funding goes, this operation is probably being funded through existing operational moneys. There is then the question of our obligations to NATO and the United Nations. Not my area of expertise.

Bottom line, another political sword rattle from the Republican House.
    Why, would he think that the 1973 resolution, is binding ????? HE, doesn't even think the CONSTITUTION, is binding !!!!!

Top Bottom