• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deseag007

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    Lawrence (Indy)
    I have seen first hand some of them boys shoot ... The need all the extra range they can get. If they miss the first intended target at the least they have a chance of taking out another enemy force a few meters behind randomly.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Is this a solution in search of a problem?

Expensive? Check! Ineffective? Check! Can be spun to sound really good and continue funding? Check!

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I like how they are going to change, thus limit, the effective range of certain bullets.

Let's see... sniper has a .50 set up. They say the range is such and such. Bad guy is targeting good guys from a yard beyond the effective range. Woops... guess we can't do that.

Maybe just start telling the press this is already in progress. Then when it gets to a BG he feels safe at X-range. Then he gets downed with a real bullet doing its real job. He is dead and can't tell anyone that our guys have different bullets.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Uncle Sam used limited distance 50 bmg bullets back in the 70's - 80's when shooting on short distance ranges. The bullets had short fins crimped into the back of the boat tail. They would travel about 300 yards and almost drop to the ground..

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Uncle Sam used limited distance 50 bmg bullets back in the 70's - 80's when shooting on short distance ranges. The bullets had short fins crimped into the back of the boat tail. They would travel about 300 yards and almost drop to the ground..

I was in the USMC in that time frame. I never had to see that stuff. I'm glad of that. We got to tear some sh.. up.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    It was meant to open up bases with short ranges to have the ability to shoot the M2.. Somewhere I have a few dozen of those bullets, they look like little bullet bombs with short fins on the back..

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around

It was meant to open up bases with short ranges to have the ability to shoot the M2.. Somewhere I have a few dozen of those bullets, they look like little bullet bombs with short fins on the back..

^^Yep^^

And if anyone is curious, you can buy this type of pulled projo here:
    .50 cal. LRT Tips Larger View

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    Don't you guys get it yet? Our beloved government has been for some time turning our soldiers in to police officers and our police officers into soldiers in how they carry out their duties. That my take on it at least. Prime example was the 101st Air Borne day care centers that happened under Slick Willy Clinton.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    Ah, the good old days when Curtis E. Lemay fought wars under the axiom of "You win wars by killing your enemy until they surrender or until there are no enemy left to kill"

Saved the day between 1941 and 1945, IIRC.

Top Bottom